Help registering a bluetooth a2dp source with XBMCbuntu 13.0 "Gotham" ?
Hello,

As the topic states I am looking for help setting up my XBMCbuntu to receive audio via bluetooth from my Google Nexus 5 device.

I have tried following guides on how to acheive this by setting up PulseAudio to receive from a a2dp device (my Nexus 5).

I have tried this from a clean install ( http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/XBMCbun..._amd64.iso )

My first problem was that pulseaudio server seemed to be installed but not running, pavucontrol and pactl threw errors that no connection could be established.
Trying to install pulseaudio modules threw errors saying they depended on pulseaudio wich wasn't installable.

Here is my first question, I have looked around on the wiki and there is no mention that pavucontrol should not be runnable on a default installation. Is there any articles I can read regarding this?

Anyway, I was able to bypass this step by purging the apt configuration and reinstalling pulseaudio server. It installed and now I was able to run pavucontrol without problems. I paired my Nexus 5 and registered as a a2dp device, no errors. However, I was not able to see my paired device in pactl or pavucontrol, even tried installing bluetooth plugin.

So second question is basically if someone has successfully paired a phone in the xbmcbuntu environment and can relate me to any articles or guides on how to properly do this.

What I want to acheive is to stream music from my phone(spotify or local) to my htpc running xbmcbuntu and have it loopback the sound to the connected speaker system.

TLDR:
What I want to acheive is to stream music from my phone(spotify or local) to my htpc running xbmcbuntu and have it loopback the sound to the connected speaker system.

Grateful for any information that can help me
pulseaudio installation is blocked - see /etc/apt/preferences.d/ and remove the relevant pinning file
The reason behind this was users installing a lot of applications and PA was installed as dependency. Afterwards xbmc did not work as the users wanted it.

Before you start - make yourself familiar with things that won't work afterwards: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PulseAudio
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-08-04, 14:45)fritsch Wrote: pulseaudio installation is blocked - see /etc/apt/preferences.d/ and remove the relevant pinning file
The reason behind this was users installing a lot of applications and PA was installed as dependency. Afterwards xbmc did not work as the users wanted it.

Before you start - make yourself familiar with things that won't work afterwards: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PulseAudio

I have done this.

Quote:You use xbmc in windowed mode as Desktop player

Would this mean that if I install pulseaudio and boot into xbmc it would result in no audio/audio problems?

Is there any other way of acheiving my goals without loosing xbmc functionallity?
Read the wiki again. There is written how you can start xbmc using ALSA while system uses pulseaudio.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I was able to get it working after trying some stuff around, can't tell exatcly where the problem lied. But after reinstalling xbmcbuntu and then purging /etc/apt/preferences.d/.d from the start and installing everything it was resolved.

Thanks for the assistance fritsch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help registering a bluetooth a2dp source with XBMCbuntu 13.0 "Gotham" ?0