What settings to match mp3 audio with musvid audio
hi all,

i have my xbox connected to my dd/dts av receiver via optical audio.

let's say i play an mp3 (standard scene encoding, lame alt standard/extreme), that audio is fine.

but i mix my playlists with mp3 tracks and music video tracks. the music video audio is always way different (lower) from the mp3 audio. the video is recorded directly from a dvb-t card, standard definition (mpeg2 transport stream) video and either ac3 or mpeg2 audio.

i have found that encoding the music video e.g. using autogk, and use 192 vbr mp3 (with i believe is lame alt preset standard), the audio is still low, and requires +10db in xbmc "all video" settings.

i'm not really sure if this is what i should be doing. i just what the audio levels to all be the same, and it's hard to listen to an mp3 and then a video to try and match up the levels.

any else who mixes mp3 and music videos let me know how you do it.......
you can drop the mp3 volume level using the replaygain settings. set the non-replaygained track level to 6db or so below what it normally is (89db)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(jmarshall @ may 27 2006,03:49 Wrote:you can drop the mp3 volume level using the replaygain settings.  set the non-replaygained track level to 6db or so below what it normally is (89db)
-jmarshall
how can one apply this to shoutcast streams as well?
I have just upgraded to 2.0, and have noticed that I can no longer set an increase in volume on video files like I used to (in my "all video" settings).

I'm not sure how to duplicate this effect in order to permanently increase the volume of my video files, as I am running mixed playlists that have music videos files and audio mp3 files. Adding 10db on video clips matches the audio level of the mp3s.
kricker Wrote:-jmarshall
how can one apply this to shoutcast streams as well?
any way to do this?
its not outside the realm of possibilities to implement replay gain volume normalization for videos since it is published and there are open source apps which can be used as a template. of course, its a bit more complicated than i'm making it seem. the audio track would need to be demuxed and run through the process to determine the relative "loudness". and presumably, it would have to do this for every audio track in the video.

xbmc could store the information in the video database and apply the normalization if a setting is enabled in the video settings section.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What settings to match mp3 audio with musvid audio0