What box to buy?
Hi guys

I have just found out about XBMC and really wanna get one of the box which has got XBMC inside already and ready to plug and play.

Im not too sure which boxes are the best to buy.

I have looked at Apple TV 2 they are well overpriced cos of can be jailbroken or already jailbroken.

I live in the UK and Amazon fire TV is not available till xmas they say.

I have found some boxes and would like to ask you are they worth buying or can you recommend anything?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTIMATE-MX-2-...3cd3048544

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-MX-Android...258c28c8b2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XBMC-Android-T...33931105e1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTIMATE-M6-AN...3a8673213b

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M8-Quad-Core-A...3a90955965

Thanks indeed
It depends what you want. Personally i wouldn't just leave it there. XBMC works on so many platforms and probably on some that you already own. I currently use a rasperrypi with raspbmc installed on it upstairs and in my living room I have an ouya that i use for gaming and xbmc. Although these may look nice, shop around and see whats best/cheapest and what you want out of them including storage, unless it will just be used as a client to a server where all your films/pictuees/music etc are stored.
Hi mate thanks for your respond

Im looking for a box for my bedroom where I want to watch movies and sport streaming
One of those might be worth it then. If you're only having it in one room. They look tidy enough. Or if you have a tablet with hdmi you can download the apk file from the xbmc site, install it and hook it up to your tv.
(2014-08-10, 01:22)unplugmealready Wrote: One of those might be worth it then. If you're only having it in one room. They look tidy enough. Or if you have a tablet with hdmi you can download the apk file from the xbmc site, install it and hook it up to your tv.

Actually I have got iPad 2 Jailbroken and MeMo Pad 7 can I air play them to my TV? I have got 2 Smart TVs at home.
(2014-08-10, 01:36)PiskopatYazar Wrote:
(2014-08-10, 01:22)unplugmealready Wrote: One of those might be worth it then. If you're only having it in one room. They look tidy enough. Or if you have a tablet with hdmi you can download the apk file from the xbmc site, install it and hook it up to your tv.

Actually I have got iPad 2 Jailbroken and MeMo Pad 7 can I air play them to my TV? I have got 2 Smart TVs at home.

Maybe, but that's nothing to do with xbmc really.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-08-10, 01:46)nickr Wrote: Maybe, but that's nothing to do with xbmc really.

I want to air play XBMC I think there is something to do with XBMC.
So you want to run xbmc on the tablet and send the video to your TV by airplay? No. But you might he able to with upnp. You will be stuck with whatever playback software us on your TV. It won't play as many formats as xbmc. The GUI will be horrid. Skipping will be piecemeal.

But xbmc's primary operating mode is on a computer [1] plugged into your TV via HDMI.

[1] where computer includes android machines, jailbroken ios etc.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Oh well. What box would you recommend then? What do you use?
I use revo r3700's but they aren't sold new any more. I'd get a nuc. 2820.
(2014-08-10, 02:16)nickr Wrote: I use revo r3700's but they aren't sold new any more. I'd get a nuc. 2820.

Is this a computer? If so I have to install everything myself isnt it?
Sorry your if your time is too precious to install openelec. It's a 20 minute job, and that's generous.
(2014-08-10, 02:59)nickr Wrote: Sorry your if your time is too precious to install openelec. It's a 20 minute job, and that's generous.
I have to agree on this one. XBMC is more of a powerful tool than just plugging in a media box and pressing play. There will be updates, there will be tweaks to make and also repositories to add etc. So if all you want is a plug in all in one solution, go for a generic media box. But if you want to tinker and tweak to get the best out of your equipment then make an XBMC or openelec machine. There is tons of support available and people willing to help. But only if you are willing to get your hands dirty. Good luck though with which ever you choose.
I have checked the Intel nuc I have to buy a lot of separate stuff for that it would cost me a lot more than what I'm planning to pay.

I don't mind to spend time and install stuff I love spending my time on gadget and technology stuff but I'm not willing to pay more than £100 for the box .

Would you not recommend buying me any of the one I have listed on OP?
No because I don't do android. It has some detractions as far as I am concerned.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What box to buy?1