annoying gotham glitches..worst XBMC ever!
ok ive been using XBMC for years and the latest release of gotham is seriously infuriating! i updated it and it never ran right..so i uninstalled it, dleted all the DB'sand did a clean install with 13.1- 4 june 2014 version.
issues i'm having are...

1)Keeps crashing when i use the "exit" to go back to windows. everything just freezes up. i have not once been able to exit gotham.... i have to hit the windows key and then right click/close window the shortcut.

2) about 3 weeks after install and all was (kinda) ok all of the databases including music data base spontaniously dissappeared. this happened while we were 200 miles away for the weekend and the kids had no movies to watch until i got back (are you freakin kidding me!!!!)
now on trying to rebuild the database the artist thumnails and biography just dont appear. (just that damn annoying reverbnation thumbnail) even though the artist image is showing in the background.

3) weather doesnt work...is there any freakin weather app that works or are they all brokenHuh
1. try disabling WOL (wake on lan)
2. not our fault. TheMusicDb website seems to have issues. We have no influence at all about that
3. Weather just works fine. "Doesn't work" is by no means a proper problem description. Check the settings

"worst XBMC ever" will only infuriate a lot of people who have put a lot of work in it. So tune it it down a bit.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
all of the weather apps say they are broken...weather underground and yahoo weather wont download...just sit there on 0%
world weather online says incompatible.
can you name one that is proven to work? all the ones i tried dont.
i have had more issues with gotham in the last few months than the last 6 or so years put together...

the fact that it completely crashed/lost databases while we were away (after telling relitives who had come to babysit how awesome it was) and meant that the tv was OTOR for the weekend was the last straw.
not downloading means there is a server issue or not properly connecting.
try this Add-on_manager#Force_refresh (wiki)
if not provide a Debug Log. Again the weather add-ons work just fine except world weather as it's not maintained/obsolete.

Deleting all DBs is certainly not a clean install. Deleting the entire userdata folder is.

a database does not suddenly crash/disappear. try blaming your "babysit" for that first, before saying Gotham sucks. There a hundred thousands of people using it without issues!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
i know for a fact that they hadnt played with anything. my 7 year old can work it via the logitech remote and thats all they had access to.... we got a phone call while we were in transit within 2 hours saying "xbmc has no movies" all the movie /pictures and music libraries were empty. on the home page it only showed the files and addons tabs. my fresh install was totally fresh..the ONLY file i carried over was the keymapxml
ok could not force the refresh. right clicking the addons did not bring up any context menu to enable that.
i deleted the addons db in the userdata folder ...and weather has now completely dissappeared from the home menu even though it is NOT hidden in the home window settings. oh but yahoo weather seems to have downloaded....just cant see it now....aaaarrrggghhh!
FYI, you don't right click on the addon, you right click on the XBMC Repository to get that context menu option.

You say Yahoo weather has now installed but you can't see it on the home screen - Have you gone into the addon settings and configured it for your location ?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
yup after deleting the addon db it downloaded and enabled in about 10 seconds. configured the location fine....its just that the weather tab has completly dissappeared from the home window as if it is "hidden" but its not.
Are you using the default confluence skin, or something else ?
yes default confluence....what would cause the entire tab to dissappear?
The only way I can make it disappear is by turning on/off the weather addon, using the enabled setting in the addon settings. This is just above where you set your location.
System->Appearance->Skin->Settings->Home Window->Hide Weather <- thats the only thing i can think off which would hide the weather button.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
nope not hidden in there, like i said.
Hard disk might be going. Try chkdsk.
(2014-08-11, 09:49)Martijn Wrote: "worst XBMC ever" will only infuriate a lot of people who have put a lot of work in it. So tune it it down a bit.

Not only that, but it's simply untrue. After resolving my small HDMI issue today, I got XBMC ('Gotham') working just flawlessly on my new Zbox ID92 and Windows 8.1. In fact, I was surprised how well it ran out of box. No spontaneous resets on exit or anything. (Learn how to build a stable machine, I'd say, but ppl might find that rude).

I even went looking for that DX2 acceleration option I read about somewhere, but couldn't find it in my haste; but it mattered none, as Full-HD playback was smooth as a baby's butt. Smile And HDMI audio worked perfectly too, without any crackles in the audio.

I *did* lose my WASAPI HDMI link, though, at some point, but that was kinda my fault, I guess, as I accidentally turned off my Marantz HD Amp (and presumably Windows then took that as the HDCP link being broken, so HDMI audio went away). Nothing a quick reboot couldn't fix, though.

All-in-all, I believe 'best XBMC ever' is closer to the truth.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
annoying gotham glitches..worst XBMC ever!0