Helix bug reports
Here please.
Hello,
thanks for upgrading conq for helix!!!

I've found some issues with the new pvr views:

pressing enter on the home menu item livetv brings up the tv channels list.
pressing right instead i get the submenues to select.
The problem is now: no matter which submenu i chose, radio, epg or what ever i always end up in the channels view.

another issue is:
when i am in the channels view, in other skins i can press left to get a side menu offering the alternative vies like radio etc.
when i do this in conq within the channels view i only get the view style settings.

hope the informations are enough.. if not ask me what else you need.
You'll need to reset the main menu list so it updates for Helix giving you TV and Radio separately.

As for the side menu navigation I removed it as they're all available from the home screen.
(2014-08-19, 21:24)Hitcher Wrote: You'll need to reset the main menu list so it updates for Helix giving you TV and Radio separately.
thanks. this worked.
Quote:As for the side menu navigation I removed it as they're all available from the home screen.

oh, why that? it is so inconvienient and unusual going back etc. Mind adding it back again?
It is not only faster having this possiblilty but also fits in the common behavior of the skins.
hmm, also the additional options for weather underground, allowing to show various forecast types or weather rader are not available in conq's weather view. This holds true for all weather plugins that allow chaning something.

i also observed that the home menu entry "Music" and "Albums" actually brings up the very same view even though they use two different commands. And in the music entry there is missing a possibilty to go to files or change out of database mode.
don't want to be annoying but i observed some more things that may not be bugs in stronger sense but make s the skin difficult to use.

live tv view:
the text showing what is currently played on a channel, displayed just below the channels name is very very dark in the white font theme.

the white font theme is to be used with darker background but on such background it is nearly impossible to read a dark font.

also it would be helpfull to add an option to have slightly increased font sizes. on a 40" tv from a common 3m - 3.5m distance i can barely read the details about whats currently played at the right side within the tv view.
same for the infos in the movies view.

similar i observed with some other skins. seems the themers are using xbmc on 50" tv's ? Wink
(2014-08-19, 21:51)a_user Wrote:
Quote:As for the side menu navigation I removed it as they're all available from the home screen.

oh, why that? it is so inconvienient and unusual going back etc. Mind adding it back again?
It is not only faster having this possiblilty but also fits in the common behavior of the skins.

I thought that now they're separated from each other with their own window like movies, tv shows, music, etc it made sense - it's not like there's sun menu in movies to jump to music or tv shows.

(2014-08-19, 22:09)a_user Wrote: hmm, also the additional options for weather underground, allowing to show various forecast types or weather rader are not available in conq's weather view. This holds true for all weather plugins that allow chaning something.

I can't code everything for every addon.

(2014-08-19, 22:09)a_user Wrote: i also observed that the home menu entry "Music" and "Albums" actually brings up the very same view even though they use two different commands. And in the music entry there is missing a possibilty to go to files or change out of database mode.

Check the sub menu on the home screen or the menu in the view.

(2014-08-19, 22:23)a_user Wrote: don't want to be annoying but i observed some more things that may not be bugs in stronger sense but make s the skin difficult to use.

live tv view:
the text showing what is currently played on a channel, displayed just below the channels name is very very dark in the white font theme.

the white font theme is to be used with darker background but on such background it is nearly impossible to read a dark font.

also it would be helpfull to add an option to have slightly increased font sizes. on a 40" tv from a common 3m - 3.5m distance i can barely read the details about whats currently played at the right side within the tv view.

similar i observed with some other skins. seems the themers are using xbmc on 50" tv's ? Wink

You can always switch the bolder font.
(2014-08-19, 23:31)Hitcher Wrote:
(2014-08-19, 21:51)a_user Wrote:

I thought that now they're separated from each other with their own window like movies, tv shows, music, etc it made sense - it's not like there's sun menu in movies to jump to music or tv shows.
since when is the epg, recordings etc. seperated?
only the radio view is seperated from tv now. being able to access epg or tv recordings from within the tv view is quite logic, isn't it?
Quote:
(2014-08-19, 22:09)a_user Wrote: hmm, also the additional options for weather underground, allowing to show various forecast types or weather rader are not available in conq's weather view. This holds true for all weather plugins that allow chaning something.

I can't code everything for every addon.
is it really something special for that addon? all skins seem to work with any such weather addon additions, no matter which weather addon is used. i didn't had the impression it is something specifically design for a specifc weather addon.

i have more the impression in conq there is the sidebar missing or what ever it is called you geht when pressing "left". instead you only get the view mode/settings sidebar which is in other skins accessed by pressing two times left, or once left and then you can navigate between different menus.

till conq i never saw this missing.
Quote:
(2014-08-19, 22:09)a_user Wrote: i also observed that the home menu entry "Music" and "Albums" actually brings up the very same view even though they use two different commands. And in the music entry there is missing a possibilty to go to files or change out of database mode.

Check the sub menu on the home screen or the menu in the view.
i did. it's not there i have to disable database mode which makes "music" goning into files as long as i never used "albums" to enter into albums view. if i did than the next press on music puts me to albums and i have to press several times "back" to see the possibility to acess files.

if database mode is activated there is no submenu available for files.
Quote:
(2014-08-19, 22:23)a_user Wrote: don't want to be annoying but i observed some more things that may not be bugs in stronger sense but make s the skin difficult to use.

live tv view:

You can always switch the bolder font.
not really an option for the first issue and makes it overall less nice.

anyhow. i understand if you don't mind to change something regarding this issues.
maybe in the future.
If I pres shutdown on my Pi, then the pi reboots, if I pres power off, it also restarts. Bug?
I tryed another skin, and the pi shuts down.

edit
Sorry I posted in the wrong thread I think.
It seems like in recent Kodi builds, the virtual keyboard + the ability to type anything at all with a regular keyboard (in cases where the virtual keyboard should be visible) is impossible.
I have tested some other skins too and they all have the same issue except for Confluence.
Probably related to this and this.
(2014-08-25, 22:07)miappa Wrote: It seems like in recent Kodi builds, the virtual keyboard + the ability to type anything at all with a regular keyboard (in cases where the virtual keyboard should be visible) is impossible.
I have tested some other skins too and they all have the same issue except for Confluence.
Probably related to this and this.

Can you tell me the steps to reproduce this because I've updated both those changes and the keyboard works fine for me.
Oh, really? Maybe I should test to reinstall the skin, perhaps I am stuck on an older version. I did test on both Pi and OSX though, but will try to reinstall the skin.
Anyway, the easiest test is just to bring up anything that uses the virtual keyboard, e.g. search.

I´ll get back when I have tried a fresh install.

Edit: Yep, I was stuck on an old version, it works just fine. Sorry about the false alarm. Wink
No problem.
hi again, nice update.

But is it intended that on the new version there is no thumbnail preview anymore when selecting a custom background image? Makes it a hard work selecting an image Wink
the video does not select as viewed. helix and Gotham

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Helix bug reports1