Custom Playlistwidget service.library.data.provider
Hello

Got some problems to get my Widgets to work for customplaylists.

The User can set custom Playlist Menuitems via "<onclick>Skin.SetFile(Menu_Custom1_Path,.xsp,special://videoplaylists)</onclick>"

now i've got some problems to get the widgets to work for "recent" "random" and "in progress"

what i try is this:

PHP Code:
<value condition="Container(9000).Hasfocus(20) + Skin.HasSetting(Menu_Custom1)">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recentmovies&reload=$INFO[Skin.String(Menu_Custom1_Path)]</value> 

which doesnt work.

How do i have to do it right?

Regards.
Library data provider doesn't have any support for playlists. The reload parameter is just used to trick Kodi into reloading the list when the underlying data changes, by passing in the window property with the same name as the type you're displaying. It can't be used to pass any information into the script.
Hello

Sad to hear

Martijn wrote in the Headsup Tread (Post 76) This:
(2014-03-07, 13:22)Martijn Wrote: FYI i've been modifying the script from BigNoid to make it faster and handle playlists (just like randomandlastitems now does). Will finish it after i get from a month of vacation Smile

so i thouth it's possible.

so what are my options at the Moment?

Regards.
When Martijn finishes his version (I think it will be a new version of skin widgets, not an update to this script) it may be possible. You can fill a list directly from a playlist, and could create other playlists referencing that playlist to get just recent items from it. I'm sure someone better with playlists can give examples.
Thanks for your recomendation / Hint

did try it with "pat" in the Playlist. (which should support string according to the wiki (at least if i understand it right))

but no luck.

hers my SPl.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>test Custom1 recent</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="is">
        <value>$INFO[Skin.String(Menu_Custom1_Path)]</value>
    </rule>
    <limit>10</limit>
    <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
</smartplaylist>

maby someone knew what's wrong.
@Montellese:

as much as i knew you are the Smartplaylist "Guru" could you please clarify if this should work?

if someone else got an Idea, a Hint would be appreciated.
So you want a smart playlist and then get recent movies etc. from that playlist? If so, that's not possible yet. You would need the possibility to set this playlist as the source (instead of requesting all movies).
(2014-08-21, 22:15)`Black Wrote: So you want a smart playlist and then get recent movies etc. from that playlist?
yes, thats what im after.
I would like to let the User choose a Smartplaylist as a "Custom menu item" and show the Widgets in the Skin ("recent", "in progress", "on Focus" and so on) for this choosen playlist

(2014-08-21, 22:15)`Black Wrote: If so, that's not possible yet. You would need the possibility to set this playlist as the source (instead of requesting all movies).

Sounds bad. Hope i dont have to go back to the old stuff with many many items and lot of code lines Sad.
Recent and Random is doable by Ordering the Items by Date Added or Random:

Example:

Here i have Recent Action Movies, Order by Date Added > Descending

(2014-08-21, 22:42)butchabay Wrote: Recent and Random is doable by Ordering the Items by Date Added or Random:

Hello

Did have a look at "Equilibrium" but miss the setting which you show in the abouth picture, schould this feature be in the shared alpha? if so, i will have a look in the code. (Could'nt finde a setting for a Custom Menu item (just Submenu)

regards.

Recent and Random (on Focus) would be enouth for now.
if i could do this without coding all these items as we have to long long ago WinkLaugh this would be cool. (and exactly what im after!) otherwise i would maby just leave the Widgets Empty thil its possible to use smartplaylists as a source.
Well, it's not that trivial Smile

You set a button to let choose a custom playlist:

Short Example:

<onclick>Skin.SetFile(custom100playlist)</onclick>

then you put the custom playlist on home whit it's content:

<content>$INFO[Skin.String(custom100playlist)]</content>

Look at Equilibrium:

Custom_Settings_Home.xml for the setting
Includes_SkinWidgetsMovies.xml for the example with custom100playlist content
Includes_HomeSubmenu.xml for showing the item custom100

It doesn't matter if home or submenu
(2014-08-22, 00:01)butchabay Wrote: Short Example:

<onclick>Skin.SetFile(custom100playlist)</onclick>

then you put the custom playlist on home whit it's content:

<content>$INFO[Skin.String(custom100playlist)]</content>

thats pretty easy. (Imho. Not to diffrent from the way i let the user choose his smartplaylist as a Menuitem -> startpost) Still no clue how to chanche the sort order to "date added" / "Recommended" for a User choosen Playlist to show the related Widgets from it.
Did have a short look at your mentioned .xml's but couldnt finde something related to this Problem. (Shuld i have a other look??)

All i can see are custom items (Playlists) which shows its Content on the Homescreen. (if you set ramdom in ur Playlist while you create it, them it shows random, if you set "datte added -> descending" in the SPl while you create it, then its shows what it was set for.

Couldnt finde a Hint where i can show/choose "Recent" and/or "Recommended" from ONE User choosen Playlist.
If you say this is possible in your Skin, i will have a look again.
Well the user should create his own playlist. It's not in the skin code. If you want define it by skinning the you should use the lastandrandom script and do it the old way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Playlistwidget service.library.data.provider0