GBox & 13.2 Update Problems.
Hi all, first post although i have been here a while..... bit of a noob, so go easy on me. I have a few issues im hoping some of you can help with............

Im running a gbox midnight.

Everything was fine until i updated to 13.2 (i was previously on 13.0)

First. i can no longer boot directly into xbmc. before i had the option of 3d launcher, launcher and xbmc, which i set to always xbmc. Now i have only 3d launcher and launcher, so i have to go into the launcher and activate xbmc from there?

Secondly. mashup will not install, i get as far as adding the repo 1.9 zip, but when i go to get adds ons there is just nothing there, i get no error messages of any kind?

Thirdly, the performance of the box has suffered a great deal when browsing through movies. I use a 2tb ext hd. My movies are set to display on media info 3. When i scroll through the movie list on the left it takes around 1.5 seconds before the artwork for the movie loads. I know this might not sound a lot, but it is, and before the update it was virtually instant?

I have no add ons at all installed, just the few that came with the 13.2 update, and i uninstalled 13.0 before i installed the new version.

This update seems to have caused me loads of problems, and i'm starting to wish i hadn't installed it, everything was fine this morning!!!!!!!!!!

Please if anyone can help i'd much appreciate it..............

TIA

Pablo
1) Try SPMC (wiki). It's an experimental version of XBMC/Kodi that one of our devs makes, and one of those experimental changes is that he set it to be selectable as a launcher. I say "experimental", but it appears to be very stable on all the devices I've tried it out on.

2) Sorry, we can't help you with bootleg video add-ons. We try to avoid all the legal issues with all of that, but if you google around you will find a bunch of other community forums that can handle questions about those add-ons.

3) I'm not sure, but if this is a list of movies from the add-ons mentioned above, then again you will have to see answer #2.
1) id rather not get an "experimental " version of something when the version i had was running fine before, experimental in my experience means just that!!!!!!

2) understood.

3). no its my movies library which are on an ext hd as i mentioned.
The version you were running before was not an official build of XBMC if you were able to set it as a "launcher". I'll let you in on a little "secret": SPMC is only "experimental" because I called it that, and I call it that because it's less embarrassing to say "SPMC has all the good fixes because some people on Team XBMC had a bug up their ass and objected to those fixes going in our official version". (then those bug-up-their-ass people left our team, so v14 will hopefully have those fixes as well)

For #3, can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you load up your movie list? That might show us where the slowdown is.
Can SPMC share XBMC 13.2 library through mysql?
yes
@ned Scott......... just wanted to say many many thanks to you. I installed SPMC and now i can autoboot again, and the lag issues with the movie covers is also resolved.
Gbox now running like a dream again. One happy man! Smile
good to hear :)
Is the SPMC the kodi 14 version under experimental section on the download page?
Also how do I set the movies stored on my External storage to grab movie and meta data, sorry I am quite noob in al this. Just got the x2 box running 13.2
No, it's based on v13. See http://spmc.semperpax.com

You acquire the files and place them on an external storage device, and then you add videos to the library (wiki). How you acquire files is up to you and often is not something we directly discuss on these forums.
Thanks, I found this on Amazon app store so well, are both these version same?

Nevermind, I just checked and the versions are same, gonna play it around now.. Thank you so much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GBox & 13.2 Update Problems.0