Future updates include editable menu?
Smile 
Thank you for a well working media center management program.

I just want to ask if you guys can add a modification to a future update...

Can you make an option where one can make own menu's e.g. "kids movies" or that the program can make its own menu's from directories it see? (like plex, it picks up a directory called "kids movies" and all the kids movies is found in that main directory and it shows then in the menu structure).

I like the idea that one can still use a mouse in XBMC, in plex they took away that option and it’s quite annoying...

Thanks again for all your work on XBMC and I hope to see future additions and modifications.
you can use smartplaylists and most skin offer changeable menus
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
See Custom_home_items (wiki)

For the more advanced users you can create custom video nodes and then modify the skin xml files to launch directly into them.
I think eventually we'll have a default skin that will make this easier to do without switching to another skin, but for the time being the existing options mentioned above + a different skin (like Amber) work really well.
Thank you for all the replies, much appreciated.

@ Ned Scott - I like the current default skin (confluence skin), its plain and simple; it would be great if one can have custom menu's and custom background pictures on that skin. I tried other skins but at the end of the day confluence is still the one I return to (just because its so plain and simple). I guess maybe I must just get use to a new skin...
there are modified versions of it which do support that.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Future updates include editable menu?0