Please, add native video mode output!
(2014-09-06, 16:10)maddib Wrote: PS: If xbmc - usually - wants to output in progressive, and supports interlaced video source material - where's the sense in disabling xbmc's built-in deinterlacer...? It wouldn't deliver a reasonable picture, unless scaling is not neccessary.

It should be set to auto but there's some faulty progressive material which has the interlace flag set. In this case the user has a chance to switch it off.
O.k., that's a reason I forgot ;-).

BTW, for M$ Windows there's obviously quite a well known tool called madVR which somehow works like a video/image processor before a video is actually displayed on screen. It's told to be one of the best real-time video processors in terms of output quality available for a PC.
Is there some similar tool for Mac?
try this version (latest master + re-enabled yadif):

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@Memphiz for vaapi, we combined vaapi decoding with sw-deinterlacing (yadif). If vda offers some means to transfer a video surface from GPU memory to system memory this may be an option.
(2014-09-06, 17:56)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2014-09-06, 16:10)maddib Wrote: PS: If xbmc - usually - wants to output in progressive, and supports interlaced video source material - where's the sense in disabling xbmc's built-in deinterlacer...? It wouldn't deliver a reasonable picture, unless scaling is not neccessary.

It should be set to auto but there's some faulty progressive material which has the interlace flag set. In this case the user has a chance to switch it off.

is there any way to find in xbmc.log info about presence that interlace flag in video frame ?
Nvidia Shield
kodi 18.1 RC1
@FernetMenta - vda doesn't decode interlaced at all...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-09-08, 00:27)Memphiz Wrote: @FernetMenta - vda doesn't decode interlaced at all...

I think that's our code which exits vda when detecting interlaced. As long as it's not vc-1 field interlaced decoding interlaced frames is not different to decoding progressive ones.
Mhhh the ffmpeg internal vda implementation should be able to decode interlaced then?
For deinterlacing drivers need to bring their own programs which run on the GPU, i.e. shaders. For decoding drivers just need to set hw registers and feed the bitstream to the GPU. So if decoding of deinterlaced material does not work for vda, it is deliberately disabled in the driver. Do you think Apple is that evil? Smile
(2014-09-07, 19:02)Memphiz Wrote: try this version (latest master + re-enabled yadif):

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg

Thanks for your fast response.
Unfortunately, I can't see any yadif option anywhere. Is there any option I have to choose to make yadif show up? It should be found in the deinterlace section, right?

Thanks again
maddib
it should show up as "De-Interlace"
(2014-09-08, 20:35)FernetMenta Wrote: it should show up as "De-Interlace"

Thanks for your help. Could you explain what's the difference then between 'deinterlace'/yadif and 'deinterlace (half)'?

Tanks again
deinterlace: 50 fields -> 50 frames
deinterlace (half) 50 fields -> 25 frames

imo the half mode should be dropped
Wow, the new build seems to improve upscaling visibly. And upscaling SD interlaced video to 1080p with 'deinterlace'/yadif looks even better than that of my dreambox 8k!
Upscaling from 720p to 1080p looks more crisp, too.

Is it possible to re-enable interlaced output? My external scaler may deliver even better results if fed with interlaced signal.

Thanks again
maddib
re-enabled interlaced output? Did i miss something? It sounded that we never supported this in some of FernetMentas posts no?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please, add native video mode output!2