Subtitles color and brightness settings
Star 
hey! in future releases of xbmc i would like to be able to change the color on the text. from white to yellow.

and i would also want it to be able to change the possision of the subtitle. up down...
Thumbs Up 
i would like a feature to have some background color for the subtitle. pref a black border och background for the subtitle.

when watching movies with a fixed subtitle in some language it would be nice to have a possibility to add a backgroun to you own subtitle so they dont blur with each other.

does anyone agree?

otherwise, great software!

-mr monkeyboy :d
i would like to see more options with the subtitles. it's nice now, you can pick font and size, but. i think also adding the ability to pick face color, stroke/border color and stroke/border size.

sometimes it's just hard to read them when the background is a similar color to the font face (i often had a hard ass time reading them with xbmp, since there's no ogm sub support yet, i haven't actually got to see them in xbmc yet). but regardless, i think that would be a nice feature. also, if this was posted, sorry. i searched this forum for the last month, didn't find anything like this, so i posted.
i would like to have a "default language" to automatically set my subtitle lang.
maybe also the option to save subtitle settings per video or something? like, generate a small number and store it in the database.
(thugg @ mar. 10 2004,22:10 Wrote:...since there's no ogm sub support yet...
good news, now there is.
i agree, it would be nice to change the colour, etc. but i'm content with how it is now.

just my opinion

morien
(morien @ mar. 12 2004,09:20 Wrote:
(thugg @ mar. 10 2004,22:10 Wrote:...since there's no ogm sub support yet...
good news, now there is.
i agree, it would be nice to change the colour, etc. but i'm content with how it is now.

just my opinion

morien
madness. can't wait to test that out.

i mean, yeah, i can live with how it is now (based on the xbmp subs), i think it would just be a great feature to be able to change the color (and border size/color)
that's why i requested to implement ttf subtitle support.
if properly done you can change size, color, border,... all from within the gui...
would be awesome.

greetzzzz :d
i ran a search for a feature like this before i made a thread on its own. i just want to show my support for this idea. i would very much like more customisation of the subtitles. for instance, i think an option to increase the shadow behind the text should be implemented.

for some reason when i run a divx with subtitles in wmp, the shadow is somewhat larger than when run in xbmc. so i usually end up watching foreign films in wmp. hopefully one day i'll be able to watch these on xbmc. Smile
i like to use color subtitle for old movies in black and white format, and now, we can only choose using white or yellow subtitle on screen.

i wonder if more subtitle colors could be appended into xbmc, such as sky-blue, green ....... this will be more convenient for users like me, watching black and white movies with color subtitles.
colour while watching a black and white movieHuh? sacrilege!

seriously though, this'd be pretty easy to add - perhaps you might wanna take a look at it yourself?

just search through the source for yellow and you'll see what to do - just add a couple more #defines for the colours you want, and make sure you update the range code in guisettings.cpp so you can select them from the gui.

then you just need to look for where they're rendered (guiwindowfullscreen.cpp) and choose the appropriate colour.

if you can't do it yourself, write down the colour values (in hex) of the colours you think would be good choices, and i'll add them in next time i'm passing by that part of the source tree.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i couldn't find the guisettings.cpp.

however, i added some new colorkeys in settingscreencalibration.xml and added the relevant values in strings.xml, but didn't work

some new subtitle colors i wish to put into xbmc are:

baby blue: #0099ff

very bright green: #00ff00

cyan: #00ffff

yellow green: #ccff00

and any other colors you see fit ........

talking about subtitle color, could it be a little bit more delicate by adding primary color choice and outline color choice, that way, subtitle color will be more beautiful, much more to our liking.

============================

next, this problem is with launch.com script, i've posted it in relevant section, however, i wish to have your attention  :d

Quote:just downloaded launch.com script 1.3

using this script, i can watch music videos on launch.com, but the problem is the vidoes usually lag, pause for a while, and then continue playing.

i was wondering if this script could be modified so that it will completely download the video first, and then play it, by this method, video will run with no lag, no pause at all. video file will play smoothly from the beginning to the end.

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....t=11694

=======================================

finally, as far as videostacking is concerned, with codes like:

<regexp>[ _\.-]+part[ \.]+([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>
   <regexp>[ _\.-]+cd[ \.]+([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>
   <regexp>[ _\.0-9-]([abcd])\....$</regexp>
   <regexp>[^ \.]([0-9])\....$</regexp>
   <regexp>[ _\.-]*part[ \.]*([0-9])*</regexp>
   <regexp>[ _\.-]*cd[ \.]*([0-9])*</regexp>
   <regexp>[ _\.-]*scene\.([0-9])*</regexp>

most video files stacks just fine, but still there're some exceptions which cannot stack:

the.aviator.a-bmf.avi
the.aviator.b-bmf.avi

national.geographic.2003.dvdrip.xvid.extra.01-aaf.avi
national.geographic.2003.dvdrip.xvid.extra.02-aaf.avi

tv series:
ep-01.rmvb
ep-02.rmvb
ep-03.rmvb
ep-04.rmvb
ep-05.rmvb
ep-06.rmvb
ep-07.rmvb
ep-08.rmvb
ep-09.rmvb
ep-10.rmvb
ep-11.rmvb

while ocean's 12 ( b-oc12a.avi, b-oc12b.avi ) stacks fine, blade trinity ( b-blatria.avi,  b-blatrib.avi ) cannot stack together.

and there's a little bug, video files like:

the.legend.of.1900.director.cut.cd1.1998.avi
the.legend.of.1900.director.cut.cd2.1998.avi

the above-mentioned video files cannot stack, but if "1998" is manually removed, it can stack together then.
google for regexp and see how they work. once you understand the layout, it's pretty easy to see how to construct one.

a couple of quick pointers:

1. it matches character by character.

2. anything in [ ] means any of these characters.

3. anything in [^ ] means any character except these characters.

4. a dash within a [ ] specifies a range of characters, unless the - is the last character, where it specifies an actual -.

5. . specifies any character. \. specifies a .

6. * after a character (or [] block) means 0 or more of those characters.

7. + after a character (or [] block) means 1 or more of those characters.

8. $ means end of the filename.

9. anything contained in ( ) is considered as a replace string for later. this is used in xbmc to determine the volume label. you must, therefore, surround the volume label section of the filename that you are matching in ( )'s.

that should get you started.

eg. to handle the avaitor, you are looking to match a period (.) followed by either a or b (or possibly more to be more general - say up to d) followed by a dash. the a or b is the volume name, so we surround it with ( ).

<regexp>\.([a-d])-</regexp>

would do the trick. note that it's case-insensitive, which is why i used lower case.

if you change it to:

<regexp>\.([a-d0-9]+)-</regexp>

(means period followed by a volume label of 1 or more characters from a-d or 0-9, followed by a dash)

it'll also match the national geographic one.

i think you can probably handle it from here.

if you could add the above to the online manual it would be very helpful to others!

cheers,
jonathan

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

colours added.

i tried both <regexp>\.[a-d]-</regexp>  and <regexp>\.[a-d0-9]+-</regexp>

but they don't seem to work for above-mentioned video files

the.aviator.a-bmf.avi
the.aviator.b-bmf.avi

national.geographic.2003.dvdrip.xvid.extra.01-aaf.avi
national.geographic.2003.dvdrip.xvid.extra.02-aaf.avi

tv series:
ep-01.rmvb
ep-02.rmvb
ep-03.rmvb
ep-04.rmvb
ep-05.rmvb
ep-06.rmvb
ep-07.rmvb
ep-08.rmvb
ep-09.rmvb
ep-10.rmvb
ep-11.rmvb

blade trinity
b-blatria.avi
b-blatrib.avi

so i google regexp, and tried the following code but to no avail:

<regexp>[ _\.a-z-]\*([a-z0-9_])*\<regexp>
   <regexp>[ _\.-]\*\([a-z0-9_])*\<regexp>

maybe i'll tried some other code later.

well, if i figured it out, i'm glad to contribute my humble knowledge to online manual if it's helpful to others, but am i authorised to write them to online manual, and how to do so, simply login, paste a post, is that all?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles color and brightness settings0