Helix support
I started working on Helix compatibility, here is the repo: https://github.com/qqbenq/skin.pm3-hd
Update: The skin is compatible with versions up to Jarvis (Kodi 16.1), but Krypton (Kodi 17) is not (yet) supported.

How to install:
I am not planning on introducing widgets and such major changes, I just want to be able to use my favorite skin with the latest version of xbmc (kodi), so I intend to fix functionality that is broken, but I am really not trying to add any new features.

The first thing that got "broken" (at least the first that I noticed) for me was the subtitle download feature, because the PM3.HD skin is not compatible with the new subtitle services in the latest xbmc (kodi...), as it still tries to use the subtitle add-on mechanism. I decided to solve this issue, so that's why this whole thing exits.

So far I modifiedthe following:
- To be able to use this skin with the latest xbmc version (Kodi Helix Alpha 3) changed the xbmc.gui version to 5.3
- Modified how the Video OSD works: it no longer calls the selected subtitle add-on, but instead shows a new dialog
- Added a new dialog which shows you the subtitles for the currently playing video, selecting one will download it Update: subtitle source selection added
- Updated the skin settings to reflect the changes in subtitle handling
- Fixed context menus (it was broken in Helix Alpha 3, but still working on Gotham - 13.2)
- Fixed Settings window (labels were misplaced - again: only in Helix Alpha 3)
- KeyboardDialog was broken, now it works (and uses a qwerty-like layout, instead of the 'abc' mode)
- Labels in thumbnail views (wide included) were misaligned, fixed those
- Set Content Dialog fixed (It was completely broken)
- Add/Edit Source Dialog fixed (Source name was not editable)
- Settings level switcher button added (Standard/Advanced/Expert settings levels)
- Volume label on Volume Bar was misaligned, now it should be in the right position.
- Fixed missing file size labels in certain views
- Basic PVR support added (Timer and Search functions still need some work)
- Image stretch issues fixed at various places

I try to keep this list up-to-date, but there might be more changes in the repository by now, if you are interested please check the recent commits: https://github.com/qqbenq/skin.pm3-hd/commits/master

Of course there are a lot more to do, but it seems like it works...

Until this skin gets added to the official repository you can download the whole thing in a zip file directly from github (https://github.com/qqbenq/skin.pm3-hd/ar...master.zip ), and install this skin from that zip file (here is how to do that: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_add..._zip_files ).

Some pics of the changes:

Skin add-on settings:

General skin settings:

Subtitle dialog (now with source selection):

Settings window:

Context menu:

Keyboard dialog:

If you have any other suggestions, just let me know.
I love this skin, one thing to do is to remove the "Show Subtitle download button in video OSD" from skin settings -> Add-ons. its a bit confusing since there is no more addons to configure
I removed that setting (actually moved to the general settings page and removed from add-on settings, so you can still enable/disable the subtitle button itself), and edited the first post accordingly, but it seems that I don't have the right to delete my own post, so this will remain here Smile
there seems to be a part of the window missing, the part where you can change the subtitle service provider
Thanks for the feedback, and yes, the source selection was missing, but now it is available. As I'm not really an UX guy (then what the hell I am doing skinning?) if you have any suggestions how to make it better, don't hesitate to say (or actually write) them.
Also: if you you find any more places where the functionality is broken, let me know.
I just recently upgraded from Frodo to Helix, and was *really* depressed that PM3.HD was unmaintained! Thanks for taking over this skin and porting it!

Only one issue that bugs me -- the OSD subtitle dialog doesn't support the "auto download first sync subtitle" feature like the official PM3 did back a few versions ago. And actually, I was impressed by the new Confluence skins ability to auto download a subtitle when it detects that a subtitle does not exist yet. If you can hook into that code in Helix, I think I'd actually like that better.

Thank you!

--Cal
I was also very pleased to find this after upgrading, been my favorite skin ever since using xbmc on my original xbox.

One thing I noticed is the wide thumbs for listings seem to have the name out of alignment.

Thanks for you efforts!
OOOO Thank u.....Great job
Wide thumbs alignment problem is now fixed, and as for the "auto download first subtitle" settings: it actually works, you can enable it from settings -> video -> subtitle, but now only in advanced and expert settings level. Unfortunately you will have to switch to another skin to change settings level, but if you switch back to PM3.HD then the advanced/expert settings will be visible. I will look into this settings level change issue, but hopefully this workaround is sufficient for now.
Thanks for your feedback.

Set Content Dialog is also fixed, unfortunately it was broken in the latest release candidate of kodi. Hopefully I will have time to update the original post with some screenshots soon, but right now I'm quite busy, sorry.

Update: You can now change settings level from PM3.HD, and also fixed some dialogs, see original post for details.
Nice work :-)
Wonderful light weight skin. Awesome to have it running on kodi. One slight issue I noticed is that the volume db level is placed in the middle of the screen far below the volume slider. Thanks for all the hard work
Thanks for the feedback, volume label should be now in the right position. If you find anything else, just let me know, I'll try to fix it.
Thanks. Its fixed now. Anyway this could get added back to the official repo? Its got that retro vibe and I think its still better then confluence
Smile 
Really great to get PM into Kodi Helix - sanx a lot.
I remember, that in XMBC 12.x the size of the videos was shown at the right side, while browsing the video-files in the folders. Is there a trick to get that active in PM under Kodi?
Hi there

I can't select a movie scraper on the next screen. I use only a remotecontrol that sends keystrokes. It's not possible to go up/down with keystrokes on this screen.

On the next screen the option "add source" is removed. It was there in the popup menu on the older versions.

Look at the icones on the next 2 screens. The last screen is the gotham version and looks ok.

All images are taken from the official Kodi Helix release 23 december 2014 and the Gotham 13.2 version.

Greetz...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Helix support3