• 5(current)
WIP Kodi 14.0 DXVA test thread
I would like to narrow this down to either dxva decoding or dxva rendering. could you please play that scene with dxva acceleration disabled and rendering set to dxva?
Update my hptc with catalyst released yesterday, solve my troubles.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2014-09-30, 23:11)Wanilton Wrote: Update my hptc with catalyst released yesterday, solve my troubles.

I can indeed confirm that using the absolute latest catalyst (14-9) does seem to resolve this problem. Thanks Wanilton!
This makes me happy too. Thanks!
Guessing I'm having the same problem since a week or so.. using the latest Kodi nightly releases.
I'm guessing this problem is related to AMD. Using the latest catalist driver is no option for me because i have an HD3200 chip, that AMD stopt supporting in their drivers a while ago so i'm bound to an old driver.
AMD has an option that does something like "Dynamic Contrast or Adapative Contrast" - I have forgotten that name, it was ridiciously dump when they also did that on Linux back at that time when one needed to use the worst driver ever seen on earth.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'm getting an appcrash when attempting to play VC1 video files on my Haswell NUC.

debug log: http://pastebin.com/6gKLRSLr
i submitted a fix for this.
Thanks!
Hello,

I have/had the same problem
After updating to latest catalyst it was ok but when i launch the external Player for my 3D isos the Player goes "crazy" cuts the Image distortion well non usable

I rebooted to windows tried tmt6 an powerdvd and nothing worked so i could be sure it wasn't related to xbmc

I restored the driver and everything was fine again for 3d but xbmc flickerd again with the colors

Only way for me right now is disable hardware acceleration in xbmc with my "old" drivers
Adding a reference to my problem in this thread too for visibility.

I've noticed a regression with DXVA2 decoding from Gotham to Helix. This clip can be used to see the problem on my machine. It starts green (discussed in this thread).

I have created a trac ticket and attached a debug log and some additional information.
the link to the sample does not work
the link in the other thread worked. you sample works fine with NVidia graphics but shows the green start on Intel. Intel drivers are known to be a bit crappy on Windows and Linux these days.
(2014-11-09, 00:34)FernetMenta Wrote: the link to the sample does not work

Sorry, sample link should be fixed now.
(2014-11-09, 00:47)FernetMenta Wrote: the link in the other thread worked. you sample works fine with NVidia graphics but shows the green start on Intel. Intel drivers are known to be a bit crappy on Windows and Linux these days.
Ok, but since the green start on Intel (and the error in the log) is seen only in Helix and not in Gotham (using the same machine and Intel drivers), I think it's a regression that could be worth investigating. I'll be happy to help in any way I can but I'm stuck at the moment and would need some help to continue.

Edit: For those who haven't looked at the trac ticket, the error in the log that I mention above is a call to IDirectXVideoDecoder_Execute that fails in Helix but not Gotham.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 14.0 DXVA test thread0