Android XBMC crashes after splash screen
Hi all,

This weekend I received my first Android tablet, a Pipo P9. It is running RileyROM 1.5 and one of the first things I did was install XBMC.
However, XBMC does not start, it crashes after the splash screen.

I tried different builds (13.0, 13.1, 132, several Helix nighly builds) but all crash after the splash screen.

I added two logs, can you help me solve my issue?

xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/MYuLYv8x
sendlog.txt: http://pastebin.com/jm9LGfX3
Try uninstalling XBMC/Kodi or clearing the app data from android settings.
Between trying the different versions, I uninstalled XBMC. I just also removed the app data and cache from the current installed version, but I did not make a difference: it still crashes
I would love to help debugging, is there anything I can do?
(2014-09-24, 15:58)rpiblue Wrote: I would love to help debugging, is there anything I can do?

From the log file, it looks like it tries to load a HDMI CEC driver, which fails, so it has troubles finding a
display resolution. Big strange, because as you mention you try to run things on a tablet with its own LCD screen.
HTPC: MS-Tech MC-1200 | Asus F2A85-M | AMD A10-6700 | OCZ Agility3 120GB | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3| LiteOn iHOS104 BDR | Win10 x64 | Kodi 15.2
Home AV: Philips 42PFL5038 | Sony BDPS6500 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Sony PS4 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Sonos audio | Apple TV Gen 4 | Nvidia Shield Android TV | 5.1 speakers (TMA, Klipsch)
This is a total guess on my part, but I might try seeing if there is updated firmware. It's a Rockchip RK3288 device, which is one of the latest chips from Rockchip, so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of firmware for these devices are still having teething issues with bugs.
(2014-09-24, 16:31)loekf Wrote: From the log file, it looks like it tries to load a HDMI CEC driver, which fails, so it has troubles finding a
display resolution. Big strange, because as you mention you try to run things on a tablet with its own LCD screen.
Why should it look for the HDMI driver? Is the LCD driver not advertising itself? Can I do something about this?

(2014-09-24, 17:12)Ned Scott Wrote: This is a total guess on my part, but I might try seeing if there is updated firmware. It's a Rockchip RK3288 device, which is one of the latest chips from Rockchip, so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of firmware for these devices are still having teething issues with bugs.
True, but there are a lot of users happily running XBMC on their RK3288 tablets. So it could be related, but then it's just Pipo who does not has the latest firmware incorporated.
Of course, it could also be a non-related (non-related to the RK3288) error in the firmware. Or a incompatibility between XBMC and Pipo P9.

Is there anything I can do?
I found the source of the crash: multi-window support. After disabling this feature, xbmc runs just fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes after splash screen0