Resource utilization
I just did a fresh windows 7 install and Gotham 13.2. Norton internet security shows that Gotham is using about 50% of my system resources. Previously with frodo in windowed mode resource utilization seemed higher than in full screen, but utilization overall was lower. Is this normal for Gotham.
Thanks,
E
Kodi On HTPC: Dell Vostro slim 200 with W7 SP1, core 2 duo 1.6, 3G RAM, ASUS 6570 slim 1G with catalyst drivers. Synology NAS.
Duplicate displays: Dell 22" led monitor and Epson 5010 projector.
Kodi on Amazon fire stick.
Humm... not sure. According to process explorer (MS monitoring program) I'm up to 58 processes with a CPU usage of less than 1% (that's with XBMC-Kodi running in both windowed or minimized) and looks like I'm using ~2 gigs of my available 12 gigs or ram. This is with Win/7/64 and Gotham 13.2

I've heard funny things with Norton monitors, I don't trust software I have to buy. What are you doing with the other 50% of your resources that you need to be concerned?
Pat,
When utilization is up I can hear the fan spin up. I just don't want to be stressing or constantly heating up the system. I am running 46 processes, including iTunes as a home sharing server, Norton, and Gotham. I just checked again and xbmc usage shows only 12%. I will continue to monitor it.
Thanks,
Eric
Kodi On HTPC: Dell Vostro slim 200 with W7 SP1, core 2 duo 1.6, 3G RAM, ASUS 6570 slim 1G with catalyst drivers. Synology NAS.
Duplicate displays: Dell 22" led monitor and Epson 5010 projector.
Kodi on Amazon fire stick.
Take out Norton, bet your utilization drops quite a bit, not sure about Itunes as a sharing server, I don't run and never have.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resource utilization0