Poll: HDTV users - Do you want video upscaled? - To the highest resolutions
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes - I always want to upsample.
25.00%
Yes - Only if the source video is of high enough resolution.
50.00%
No - I see no point in this.
25.00%
Total
4 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

HDTV users - Do you want video upscaled?
wouldn't it be better for this to be "upscale video to highest resolution" instead of "upscale video to gui resolution"? xbmc could upscale the video to the highest resolution configured in the dashboard, regardless of what you run the gui at. this would seem the best, as some people (like me Smile ) run the gui at 480p because the higher res skins are not as stable, even though the monitor is capable of doing 1080i. it would be great for xbmc to go by the configured resolutions rather than by the current resolution.
just my 2 cents, i run my gui in 720p and i use video upscaled to gui resolution because on my hdtv video looks much better at 720p or 1080i than it does in 480p, something to do with the native resolution of my tv more than the xbox, or the quality of the videos.

however, i use upscaling and for me i prefer it upscaled to the gui resolution not the highest res my tv supports because of mode switching. in the same way when you change resolutions on a computer monitor you get something like a quick screen scramble, a sound/click from the monitor, a black blank screen, and then the new resolution appears. all this takes about a second or two. the same thing happens on my hdtv when it switches from 480p to 720p to 1080i, etc. i don't know if that causes any real stress on the tv over time, but i don't want to put me and my tv through mode switching every time i start a movie, and jump back to the menu, and back to the movie, etc.
i have to agree with osocoloso. 'upscale to best resolution' would be a nice feature.
but what about the suggestion i made a few posts (months) ago of being able to specify a resolution for each video aspect ratio ?
for example :
4:3 = 480p
widescreen = 720p
gui = 480p

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDTV users - Do you want video upscaled?0