Win Kodi ignores video source if it is a root folder of a drive
The only line regarding this is:

Code:
22:33:51 T:5968 WARNING: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner::Process directory 'S:\' does not exist - skipping scan.

Is it possible to do something with it? I don't want to add this drive as a network share.

P.S. If I select a specific directory, i.e. 'S:\Friends' and select "Scan for a new content", everything works fine. So I think it is a windows-specific bug...
I think that this code in the filesystem / Directory.cpp contains a kind of error handling the root folder:

Code:
try
  {
    CURL realURL = URIUtils::SubstitutePath(url);

// some extra code removed

auto_ptr<IDirectory> pDirectory(CDirectoryFactory::Create(realURL));
    if (pDirectory.get())
      return pDirectory->Exists(realURL);
  }
Easy enough, make a directory s:\media and copy everything in s:\ to s:\media.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sure. But we don't like Indian-style programming, isn't it?

If it is a problem with code than it should be solved somehow.

I will look into code and post a ticket. I am not so good with C++ to fork the project and solve it by myself...
Whats the indian-style programming?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I had the same issue.

Kodi doesn't scan files if they are on the drive root. It must be a bug because Gotham worked fine with the same setup.
(2014-10-15, 11:12)Memphiz Wrote: Whats the indian-style programming?

Opposite of Cowboy programming? Wink
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-10-15, 11:12)Memphiz Wrote: Whats the indian-style programming?

Which Indians? American Indians or India Indians or other Indians? I think its important to know which so we can determine what program style we talking about since its two different standards.
Windows recently got a new file implementation in xbmc, probably fails to report roots as directories.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Should be fixed in next nightly.
SantaFox, did you have a chance to try a latest nightly?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi ignores video source if it is a root folder of a drive1