Start LazyTV on idle? - I'm so close to ditching cable completely
Xmbc could potential be an investment for me instead of an extra toy. After getting a raspberry pi and getting xmbc set up, I realize I haven't touched the cable box in nearly a year, it's the ultimate on demand basically. The girlfriend uses the cable to "just watch random things", so I found a nice little addon called LazyTV which can make a random playlist. For the true like tv experience I would like to just turn the tv on and have lazytv stuff playing. So my idea was, is there a way to make LazyTV start on idle or start when the screen saver starts?

I think a way to expand this feature would to have a TV guide like UI, that was multiple LazyTV's as channels (some with comedy shows, some with drama, some with movies ect.) If anyone who makes addons is looking for ideas.

I would just really love to only pay for internet and not have cable I don't watch anymore. I have 2 more raspberry pis on the way and I see you can sync them together, to truly create something that blows away what smart tvs and cable companies can offer.
Perhaps you would like this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=169032 It can be set to start when XBMC starts, and it can do much more than LazyTV.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
At a glance it looks like everything i could want, Thank you very much I'll have to try it out.
FYI, you can use LazyTV to create a playlist of next-to-watch episodes, and then combine that smart playlist with other criteria to create specific channels for PseudoTV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start LazyTV on idle? - I'm so close to ditching cable completely0