• 5(current)
iOS 8 support
(2014-11-04, 22:21)Memphiz Wrote: Could you also try the latest nightly build? (please backup /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC before because it will be moved during installation). I really wonder if the issue is there too. I only have an iphone4s running ios6 and it doesn't stutter - the ipad3 should be more powerfull. While i don't have a problem to do a gotham 13.2-3 release with that fix/workaround i hesitate a bit in doing the same for helix. Hence i need to be sure that it is needed there. (the workaround clamps the rendered resolution which is something i wanted to get rid of for all retina devices...)
On 1104 nightly problem still exists i even tried ios clamp version And still have stuttering
which ios clamp version? and which device did you have (sorry its hard for me when multiple people are posting - i don't read back to read what device they had - its best to always include this info in every post).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-11-05, 18:12)Memphiz Wrote: which ios clamp version? and which device did you have (sorry its hard for me when multiple people are posting - i don't read back to read what device they had - its best to always include this info in every post).

I checked this version nightlies/darwin/ios/kodi-20141104-15aac56-iosclamp-ios.deb And problem still exists on ipad3
That is a nightly with the wrong Name (a hickup in jenkins i have no time to look at) - so it has no clamp fix ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
13.2-3 published in our cydia repo...
(2014-11-05, 22:59)Memphiz Wrote: 13.2-3 published in our cydia repo...
Ipad 3 works great now! thank you.
I get this error message every time I try to install Kodi on my jail broken ipad2 and iPad mini 2 IOS 8.1 :

"Executing Command: /usr/bin/dpkg -i "/var/mobile/Documents/org.xbmc.xbmc-ios_14.0-0~a4_iphoneos-arm.deb"

(Reading database ...
dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package `io.pangu.loader' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.
5286 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking org.xbmc.xbmc-ios (from .../org.xbmc.xbmc-ios_14.0-0~a4_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/mobile/Documents/org.xbmc.xbmc-ios_14.0-0~a4_iphoneos-arm.deb (--install):
failed in buffer_write(fd) (14, ret=-1): backend dpkg-deb during `./Applications/XBMC.app/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/plat-mac/errors.rsrc': No space left on device
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe: 13)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/mobile/Documents/org.xbmc.xbmc-ios_14.0-0~a4_iphoneos-arm.deb

Finished with Result Code: 256"

Any suggestion?
it tells you the problem ... "no space left on device" - delete some p0rn and try again
My friend , I have free 5 giga on my iPad. I think this problem is related to the jailbreak.
continue the discussion on the other thread you made and reply there with the output of the command "df"
For all those who do not see the icon after install the Helix version.
Open Pangu application on iPad and select Utiliy and then Rebuild App list.
XBMC works fine on my ipad air 2 but somehow the skin re-touched is not getting displayed properly:

Does anybody know if there's a fix for that?
The skin retouched is not ment to be used with gotham (because it is not compatible as you can see). Its packaged in my -1, -2, -3 releases because our buildservers are not ment to be used for gotham anymore and now package that skin. Please use the provided touched skin for Gotham releases. Sorry for the inconvenience.
(2014-11-07, 14:20)Memphiz Wrote: The skin retouched is not ment to be used with gotham (because it is not compatible as you can see). Its packaged in my -1, -2, -3 releases because our buildservers are not ment to be used for gotham anymore and now package that skin. Please use the provided touched skin for Gotham releases. Sorry for the inconvenience.

It is working fine on my old iPad2 so that's why I raise the question. But if it is not supposed to be used with Gotham that's fine, so I will use the skin "touched" instead. However, nothing to apologize at all and thanks for the prompt help! :-)

PS: XBMC runs amazing on my new iPad Air 2.
Well the problem is that those ios8 fixed gotham releases package a re-touched version which is ment to be used with helix. It might be possible to delete this version and reload the Gotham compatible version of re-touched from our repo. That would be a reason why it works on one of your devices (in that case you might have had the re-touched skin downloaded before updating to one of those ios8 builds).

Lot of assumptions here. Fact is the shipped re-touched won't work with gotham Wink
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS 8 support0