WIP FFmpeg Video Player Skin Control
Here's a video player GUI control (software decode). It works exactly the same as "image" in a skin like so:

Code:
<control type="ffmpeg">
  <left>480</left>
  <top>100</top>
  <width>320</width>
  <height>180</height>
  <texture fallback="whateves.jpg">/some/video/file.mp4</texture>
</control>

You should be able to use any tag that works on "image" control (Not that I've tried it)

Here's a demo video (https://***) showing the Confluence background replaced with 4 "ffmpeg" controls. The background/left/middle videos are .avi/.swf/.mp4 respectively. The right blue is a bad filename to show that fallback= works.

Make me something awesome with it! But you gotta patch/recompile xbmc to play with it.
Patch against Helix
GitHub commit

Screenshot (but you should really watch the demo):

*https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5575
Wow, that's pretty neat.

Have you requested a pull?
Yeah, very cool! hope this gets a official commit
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Awesome. First thing that came in mind was LiveTV PIP functionality?!
(2014-10-26, 17:48)Lunatixz Wrote: Yeah, very cool! hope this gets a official commit

It has a PR at least https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5575 Im not holding my breath even if I love the potential of this idea.
Finally video backgrounds!

Awesome work
This is exciting... Going to work on pip support for my plugin. Thanks again gominoa
(2014-11-20, 16:48)Lunatixz Wrote: This is exciting... Going to work on pip support for my plugin. Thanks again gominoa

I have a question for you - can this play the same video in two windows but with one of them fast-forwarding/rewinding?
Maybe you guys haven't read the PR. It will likely never get in
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-11-20, 20:20)Martijn Wrote: Maybe you guys haven't read the PR. It will likely never get in

Killjoy Tongue

thought the "finally" post meant it was pushed... guess not.
(2014-11-20, 20:15)Hitcher Wrote:
(2014-11-20, 16:48)Lunatixz Wrote: This is exciting... Going to work on pip support for my plugin. Thanks again gominoa

I have a question for you - can this play the same video in two windows but with one of them fast-forwarding/rewinding?

not sure
Well I had hoped to emulate the Fire TV's fast-forward/rewind method of having the full screen video play at normal speed while a video window appears above the progress bar and shows it fast-forwarding/rewinding but it looks like we're out of luck. Sad
(2014-11-20, 20:53)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-11-20, 20:20)Martijn Wrote: Maybe you guys haven't read the PR. It will likely never get in

Killjoy Tongue

Unfortunately not, I was just excited that XBMC may finally have caught up with other htpc apps Wink

I think its been rejected because it is some unmaintained code. Hopefully there is another way!
(2014-11-21, 14:52)zag Wrote:
(2014-11-20, 20:53)Lunatixz Wrote:

Killjoy Tongue

Unfortunately not, I was just excited that XBMC may finally have caught up with other htpc apps Wink

I think its been rejected because it is some unmaintained code. Hopefully there is another way!

Nope. Because use it uses a function not meant for that use and with that function it will never work in all arm/low powered devices since the video is software decoded.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FFmpeg Video Player Skin Control1