OS X Kodi runs like a champ on the new Mac Mini
Thumbs Up 
Hello there,

In case anyone is considering the new (and very controversial non-4-core, non-upgradable) Mac Mini, I just wanted to give you a heads up. Kodi runs great on this little beast.

I used to have all kinds of problems with my 2010 Mini (screen tearing, out-of-sync sound...). Running smooth and perfect on the new one.

Cheers,

Arubinst
Mac Mini 2014 Dual-Core i7 3.0Ghz | 8GB LPDDR3 SDRAM | Intel Iris Graphics | 256GB PCIe Flash | Synology DS412+ with 11 TB | 1 TB Time Capsule | Samsung 65" UE65HU8500 | Denon AVR-X2100W | Jamo S 426 HCS 3 5.0 Speaker system | Yamaha YST-SW012 Subwoofer | Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) | Kodi Alpha
Thx for the Feedback
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-10-31, 08:43)arubinst Wrote: I used to have all kinds of problems with my 2010 Mini (screen tearing, out-of-sync sound...). Running smooth and perfect on the new one.
Arubinst
Apple have finally sorted out the Mac Mini's problems - and not before time....

The fix will be because Intel finally sorted out how to get perfect video sync from the Haswell CPU with Integrated HD Graphics in the new 2014 Mac Mini's.
Its also what makes the Haswell-ULT HD Graphics equipped $150 Chromebox such good bang for the buck!

It definitely makes a perfect video synced $35 Raspberry Pi the bargain of the century!
No wonder over 3 million have been sold.
Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi runs like a champ on the new Mac Mini0