Upgrading (NAS/HTPC mix)
Hi there,

I'm looking into upgrading my "oldish" ZBOX HD ND22 to something more recent so I can properly upscale my SD TV and get some more out of the interlaced HDTV channels, maybe some 720p gaming too but that has no priority. I also want to run something that resembles a NAS, doesn't need all the bells and whistles I mainly want the backup space and some more for my Blurays. I thought it would be best to combine my HTPC and NAS needs so I don't have two machines standing around making noise and eating electricity.

I've been looking into cases that fit below my TV and can fit a reasonable amount of HDD's and maybe a Bluray-Drive, found the Silverstone GD05/06
http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.ph...93&area=en

Any other cases that may work for me?

Of course we need a CPU that works for the tasks mentioned above. The Core i5 4210Y looks good specs wise, but I can't seem to find it outside of prearranged boxes. Any other ideas, I was mainly looking at Intel or are the AMD linux drivers better these days?

The power supply depends on what kind of CPU I end up getting I guess. Not too fussed about that yet I mainly am a bit stuck on Cases and the CPU. Any help would be much appreciated.
Am I going in the wrong direction with this? Would it be better to not try and combine the two things and work on separate solutions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading (NAS/HTPC mix)0