Title Scrolling,
Hi

I have noticed that when in a folder with long filenames it will scroll
although it is not a bug I am reporting just a feature request or a way to disable perhaps.

I like to keep my systems power usage to a minimum, for example my dc powered i7 sips just 29 watts sitting in Main menu with RSS feeds off! (as the rss feeds scroll and use more power as well)

when in a folder and it is auto scrolling the power usage goes up to 42watts.

so if the system is left turned on it will remain in autoscroll all night,
Perhaps place a limit on autoscroll times or have a option to disable it?
I have looked everywhere in the menu settings and I cannot find a disable option, but for some reason remember seeing a setting?!?!?!

So I hope that if there is no solution for this thus far, one is created..

Thanks

P.S. system spec is a Intel i7 2600 with onboard VGA (intel)
(2014-11-09, 12:29)toxsickcity Wrote: Hi

I have noticed that when in a folder with long filenames it will scroll
although it is not a bug I am reporting just a feature request or a way to disable perhaps.

I like to keep my systems power usage to a minimum, for example my dc powered i7 sips just 29 watts sitting in Main menu with RSS feeds off! (as the rss feeds scroll and use more power as well)

when in a folder and it is auto scrolling the power usage goes up to 42watts.

so if the system is left turned on it will remain in autoscroll all night,
Perhaps place a limit on autoscroll times or have a option to disable it?
I have looked everywhere in the menu settings and I cannot find a disable option, but for some reason remember seeing a setting?!?!?!

So I hope that if there is no solution for this thus far, one is created..

Thanks

P.S. system spec is a Intel i7 2600 with onboard VGA (intel)
toxsickcity,

This is something that a number of skins already do (although, there are a number of areas where we skin writers can not override this behaviour). My skin for one defaults to not autoscrolling text (autoscrolling is turned on in my skins settings menu with 'Enable Autoscroll') as autoscrolling text hammers lower spec'd systems such as the Raspberry Pi's and the AppleTV's. Take a look thru your skins settings menus and see if you spot a similar setting, otherwise try another skin.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Title Scrolling,0