Installing XBMC Add-ons
Hi. Please excuse what's probably a daft question from an XBMC newbie. I have installed Navi-X without too much of a problem. However, I have now installed Universal Movie Scraper from the XBMC.org Add-ons but I can't find it! When I go to Programs-Add-ons, Navi-X is there but Universal Movie Scraper isn't. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, please?
You installed navi-x
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Universal Movie Scraper isn't a program, it's a scraper. When you add or edit a folder you are scanning to the library, you'll see an option to choose which scraper you are using. That's where you pick and configure Universal Movie Scraper.
(2014-11-09, 19:41)Martijn Wrote: You installed navi-x
Oh, so that's what I've done wrong, is it? I said I was a newbie. So should I uninstall Navi-X? Will that help?
No, it wont help. The universal movie scraper is not such an addon you can run like navi-x (which is a banned addon by the way). The scraper is a addon which can be found if you add a video source (locally on your machine or a network share from your LAN)....then your are able to select the scraper you installed.
Thanks for that, David. I think I am getting out of my depth here. Why is Navi-X a banned add-on?
you must have missed the red text at the top of the forum that says "Posts requesting support for bootleg video streaming add-ons that are not in our official repository will be moved to the garbage bin."
@curt Jugg:

Navi-x is a banned addon because what this addon does, is not legal in every country.

I think:

click me hard

will explain it best

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing XBMC Add-ons0