Naming nightmare
HI all,

i'm at it for a week now and i can't get my Tv-series to show up in it's category folder 'TV-SERIES'. Can somebody pleeeeasssee help (going nuts here)?

My setup: NAS with tv series foldername: 'Series'. I added the folder under Video and categorized it as TV-series. In VIDEO all my series show up with artwork from the online scraper. I can play the files in the folders.
When i enter category TV-Series, the folders and it's artwork show up, but the folders themselves are empty. I did some digging, read the wiki and voila.. it's a naming problem. So i renamed one series to the specific naming rules and rescanned the database. No such luck.

So i dug further. You see, my files are mostly Video_TS. And it seems that you have to edit the advancedsettings.xml file to have these IFO files excluded?? Here i get stuck...

My tv series filename:

Series
- Grimm
- - Grimm S01E010203
- - - Audio_TS
- - - Video_TS
- - - - VIDEO_TS.BUP
- - - - etc etc

My complete advancedsetting.xml:

<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching action="append">
<regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)?[\\/]video_ts\.ifo)$</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
<tvshowmatching append="no">
<regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

Debug Log:
11:37:19 T:3080 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Could not enumerate file smb://192.168.3.15/Qmultimedia/Films/PaenMa/Series/Grimm/Grimm S04E010203/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO

I hope someone is laughing out loud after looking at this and has an answer for this xml NOOB.

Anyone???

You'll be making someone on this globe very happy!!!

Scoobs
All my TV shows are in mkv format, but your naming looks wrong to me, unless that's what you're trying to solve by having custom naming with with the regex.

Using your example I expect to see either:

Grimm S01E01E02E03

or

Grimm S01E01-02-03

There should be a delimiter to allow the contained episodes to be split for scraping, as you use nothing to split episodes 01 02 03 what it maybe trying to do in your case is find Episode 010203.

A full debug log might give more clues.
Thanks for the reply jjd-uk!

i completely overlooked this small detail... it was driving me insane!
I named my directory Grimm S01E01E02E03. Restarted Kodi and did a rescan. AND YES !!!!

Ik hope you have a great day knowing that you made this Dutchie a very happy man!

THANKS !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Naming nightmare0