State of the State for FireTV Mediacodec
I have been using the FireTV with libstagefreight ON and mediacodec OFF as I have seen recommended numberous times on various forums (I am on Gotham 13.2). There is still a little quirkiness like occasional crash, some interlacing, etc. and I am hopeful that hardware acceleration will be fully supported on XBMC/FireTV.

Recently, I have seen reports in various forums that there have been reports that mediacodec is working fine in Helix and/or sometime claims that SPMC has fixed the issue. I have tried both and seem to see the same issue when both are on (almost instant crash when playing MPEG2 video via my HDHomerun).

Does anyone know the true state of mediacodec and the issues on FireTV? Is anyone using a version of XBMC that actually works flawlessly with mediacodec on?

If not, does anyone know if this is being worked on, possible going to be fixed, etc. Again, I am seeing mixed reports on the forums and haven't seen any progression in the builds I have tried..maybe I am missing something however.

Thank you.
I am wondering about this too. Have there been any improvements for 1080i MPEG2 deinterlacing playback?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
State of the State for FireTV Mediacodec0