Bug Fanart.Image don't work for Music anymore
In Dharma/Eden you could use Fanart.Image to get the fanart of the parent ARTIST as well as the parent tv show. It helped with both the fanart not needing to be reloaded for no fadetime between album and songs view (like it works with seasons/episodes) and it displayed even when selecting the *All albums tag. This seem to be removed now, why?

If you use ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image) the fanart dissapears in albums view if you select the *All albums option, looks like crap. I remembered I fixed this a few years ago by using the Fanart.Image tag instead but it doesn't work now. This is a mistake right?
Now we have Listitem.Art(fanart) for example.
But that works exactly the same as ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)? No fanart for *All Albums and still have to reload between albums/songs.
Never mind
(2014-11-19, 21:32)frellAn Wrote: But that works exactly the same as ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)? No fanart for *All Albums and still have to reload between albums/songs.

You're right, seems it's only working for *all seasons but not for *all albums ... never noticed this behaviour because i'm using a fallback image for parent folders and it seems the fallback is used also for *all albums.
The need to reload the fanart between albums and songs triggers the fadetime animation which makes it hard to make a smooth transition between these. It also shows no fanart for all albums as we said and that ruins the consistency in albums views for music.

Why I'm so annoyed by this is because I know this worked in previous versions, so why did it change? Could we get a dev to explain and comment? Smile
Code:
<onfocus condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image))">Skin.SetString(currentFanart, $INFO[ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)])</onfocus>
This should do the trick for now, I think. The old behavior is much preferable though.
This still needs to be resolved, the current behaviour is not optimal, it seems like the music section has been forgotten about and some developer must have "broken" the old code when implementing the new ListItem.Art tags i presume. Anyone know what's going on with this? We really need to have the same behaviour for music as for tv shows.
(2014-11-20, 13:51)frellAn Wrote: The need to reload the fanart between albums and songs triggers the fadetime animation which makes it hard to make a smooth transition between these. It also shows no fanart for all albums as we said and that ruins the consistency in albums views for music.

Why I'm so annoyed by this is because I know this worked in previous versions, so why did it change? Could we get a dev to explain and comment? Smile

I don´t have any problem with album/song transition.
The *All Albums problem can be fixed by hiding this silly item via advancedsettings.xml Wink
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
It's barely noticable but Kodi have to reload the fanart from albums to songs and that triggers the fadetime animation in the imagecontrol. This causes the image to "flicker". If you go between the windows fast in Confluence for example you will see it. For a view in Fusion where you go from an album view to a songlist view with just the songs appearing and everything else being intact it's really noticable. Just a stupid way to read the fanart in my opinion because the fanart for songs and albums is always the parent artists fanart. Since this worked in Frodo and some developer broke/changed it it would be nice if someone took a look at it.
Report it on Trac.
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/14290
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart.Image don't work for Music anymore0