XBMCbuntu sees my wifi-card but doesn't connect?
Hi all,

I'm trying to install XBMCbuntu on an older computer. I have to use wifi as the computer will be quite far from my router. I have a TP-Link TL-WN725N USB wifi-adapter, and the XBMCbuntu-installer sees it but it won't let my connect with it. I'll type in the password and hit connect but nothing happens.

XBMCbuntu also sees an old PCI wifi-adapter (b/g only) and if I type in the password for my wifi I'm able to click connect, but eventually it just times out.

I also tried a Netgear WNA3100 wifi-adapter but that doesn't even come up in the list of available network adapters.

Any thoughts on this situation?

Preferably I'd like to get one of my current wifi-adapters working (the TP-Link or the Netgear), do you think that's possible?

If not can you recommend me an adapter that will definitely work?

Thanks,

nejo
Anyone?
I followed this guide (http://brilliantlyeasy.com/ubuntu-linux-...r-install/) and I got my secondary adapter (TP-Link WN725N) to work.

Sadly XBMC seems a bit laggy on my system Sad
No one can help for the lags as nobody knows your system specs.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
And I suppose it isn't XBMC. The cause might be the WiFi connection. But as fritsch said...we need more info
CPU: AMD Athlon Xp 5600+ (I think)
RAM: 4GB
GFX: Nvidia Geforce 8800GTS

XBMCbuntu is installed on a Kingston 8GB USB-stick.
Yeah, your GPU does not support vdpau decoding.

Video -> Acceleration, choose Method: Software and enable multi threaded decoding.

Post a Debug Log please. If you are lucky, you have that one:
Quote:GeForce 8800 GTS 512 0x0600 A

which has vdpau support
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
If I'm not mistaken I have the 512mb version. Can you find that out with the .log file?

I'm trying to follow the guide in the link you gave me, but when I try to upload the log file I get an error message saying that the LogUploader-plugin failed?
Then upload via ssh:

Code:
sudo apt-get install pastebinit
cat ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log | pastebinit

Enable debuglogging in xbmc before, then play some videos, then do the commands.
(2014-11-21, 14:11)fritsch Wrote: Then upload via ssh:

Code:
sudo apt-get install pastebinit
cat ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log | pastebinit

Enable debuglogging in xbmc before, then play some videos, then do the commands.

You have a PM
I don't read PMs.
(2014-11-21, 14:57)fritsch Wrote: I don't read PMs.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/9147194/
That's a log with decoding method: software
Quote:13:03:35 T:139711710713600 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
13:03:35 T:139711710713600 DEBUG: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Keep default threading 3 by videoplayer.useframemtdec

sudo apt-get install vdpauinfo
vdpauinfo | pastebinit
"Error creating VDPAU: device 1"

http://paste.ubuntu.com/9148427/
DISPLAY=:0 vdpauinfo | pastebinit

with the very same user that is currently running your xbmc session.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu sees my wifi-card but doesn't connect?0