Container.SeasonThumb not showing
Hi, I would like to get Seasons Posters showing when navigating thru an episode List. So I used Container.SeasonThumb since I'm outside of the DialogVideoInfo.xml. However nothing is showing. I can still use ListItem.Art(tvshow.poster) which works but this is not really what I want to display. Any Idea ?

NOTA : doesn't work on Gotham, Neither on Helix

Thanks in advance
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Strange because it's still in the code -

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/search?utf8...easonThumb

Looks like Jonathan never got around to adding Container.Art() -

(2012-10-14, 23:45)jmarshall Wrote: Will look into switching Container.TVShowThumb/SeasonThumb to Container.Art for consistency (the previous ones will still work).

Container.TVShowThumb from the video info dialog is problematic, as the video and music info windows aren't media windows, thus the information is being grabbed from the underlying window. Thus, when you go from the cast list of a movie to the a tvshow, the underlying window will still be movies, thus you won't see the container art. As far as I can tell, this has always been the case (or at least has been the case for some time before my art changes).

You should be able to use ListItem.Art(tvshowthumb) though.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Hmm, in fact none of the container art (FolderThumb, TvshowThumb, SeasonThumb) works. I can only use ListItem.Art() stuffs, excepted of course the one exclusives to Dialog Info.

Have you tried using Container ones recently Hitcher ?

No, I've only ever used them in the video info dialog.

Maybe ask a mod to move this to skin development so I can be seen better.
Moved it. Will investigate why the labels are empty and report back.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks all. Will use tvshow poster for now while there's further infos.

Have same issue with Containers Infolabels. Can't get the value returned. Maybe containers relative ?

I just started to find my way through that label hell Smile What container infolabels do you mean?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
* Martijn smells a refactor Wink
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-12-05, 14:54)mkortstiege Wrote: I just started to find my way through that label hell Smile What container infolabels do you mean?

Well, I'm trying to place numbers ahead focused list items. So I placed a Container.Position but nothing displays. Tried other containers to test (Numitems, Viewmode, Foldername, etc) for testing without any result.

Edit : ListItem.BDID seems to do the job. Nevermind, missed this one in the whole list.

Edit 2 : Works ... Outside the list, my bad

(2014-12-05, 09:36)mkortstiege Wrote: Moved it. Will investigate why the labels are empty and report back.

(2014-12-05, 14:54)mkortstiege Wrote: I just started to find my way through that label hell Smile What container infolabels do you mean?

Code:
Container.TvshowThumb    Thumbnail Image of the parent TV show
Container.SeasonThumb    Thumbnail Image of the parent TV show season

Let me know if you need some code for Confluence for testing purposes.
Already spotted the issue. I am just unsure if it needs fixing for Helix, given that it was broken since like forever. I've started adding Container.Art() already. Not sure how to proceed now Smile
Guys, thanks a lot for looking into this.

It would be amazing having Container.Art() info labels including season artwork and even more amazing having it already for Helix (although that might be too late?).
Whats the benefit for container.art over listitem.art? Every art type is available for listitem.art, only season.xxxx doesnt work for episodes. I'd rather have that fixed and get rid of the container stuff, for consistency
These are only available in DialogVideoInfo.xml

Code:
ListItem.Art(season.poster)
ListItem.Art(season.banner)
ListItem.Art(season.fanart)
ListItem.Property(SeasonThumb)
ListItem.Property(TVShowThumb)

So to display the tv show/season poster at episode level you'd use these instead

Code:
Container.TvshowThumb
Container.SeasonThumb

only they don't work now either.

As seen in the quote above Jonathan was going to change them over to use the same format as the rest of the artwork.

ie

Code:
Container.Art(tvshow.poster)
Container.Art(season.poster)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Container.SeasonThumb not showing0