flat recursive view of all video files in a directory?
I suspect based on my attempts to search these fourms and the internet in general that this isn't possible, but I thought I might as well post with hopes that perhaps there is an add-on or combination of add-ons that might help me with this.

Generally speaking I fall into the group of folks who's media source folder/directory is the seeding directory for bit torrent. More specifically I'm using utorrent (though I'm open to changing). Right now I have it set up to use labels to stick all my movies in one subfolder and tv shows in another. While I ultimately wanted to have my downloaded tv shows available in the video library I've given up on this dream because its just too much of a pain in the ass if I want to continue seeding my files since the organization and naming schemes are consistent.

But then I realized that I don't really care if they are in my library because I don't generally rewatch tv shows or care about archiving them. In windows 7 explorer I had a saved custom search that would give me a list of all video files in a flat view regardless of whether or not they were in subfolders or not. I would display the result sorted by date and easily be able to see at the top of the list the most recently download videos. From this I really only desired two things: 1) The ability to automatically mark shows as watched after they've been watched and 2) the ability to navigate and choose files and watch them within an HTPC friendly GUI.

I was hoping Kodi could help me do this but I can't find a way to get a file view like I was hoping. As much as it would be nice to have it scrapped, I'd be happy enough with just a flat list of video files.

Is there a way to have predefined file search results that update periodically?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
flat recursive view of all video files in a directory?0