Solved Custom Playlist Widget Issue
Hello

Apologies if this has been covered before, but I can't seem to find any info on it.

I'm trying to get a custom episode playlist to show up as the main TV Widget on the home screen (the really big square in the middle of the TV section). The custom playlist I created is basically "Recently Aired", as opposed to "Recently Added" which is the default. However I just get a blank square with any custom playlist that I choose. I've tried various different ones. Am I missing something or is this a known issue?

I've tried this in Xperience1080 in Gotham and more recently in 1080XF in Helix and the same thing.

Thanks all.

Cheers
I'm having the same issue. Using latest 1080xf on Helix rc 3, Windows 7. Any playlist I choose loads but is just blank. Is there a fix?
I've been trying to reproduce this, can you please take a screenshot and provide a logfile.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
I've reproduced the error and a fix will be included in the next update, or the one after that. Thank you for letting me know.

Awesome, thanks Piers!
I found a temporary hack which fixes this for anyone that wants it ( and might help identify where the problem is in case you haven't had a crack at it yet Piers)

In Startup.xml, if you hard code the custom playlist, it works. So Using the TV show widget as an example, which is HomeWidget 4:

PHP Code:
<onfocus condition="stringcompare(Skin.String(HomeWidget.4.Type),script.randomandlastitems) +
 !IsEmpty(Skin.String(HomeWidget.4.Playlist))"
>RunScript(script.randomandlastitems,limit=10,method=$INFO[Skin.String(HomeWidget.4.Method)],
unwatched=$INFO[Skin.String(HomeWidget.4.UnWatched)],resume=$INFO[Skin.String(HomeWidget.4.Resume)],
playlist=special://profile/playlists/video/RecentlyAired.xsp,property=HomeWidget4)</onfocus> 

So somewhere, presumably in Includes_SettingsCustomHomeWidgets.xml, HomeWidget.4.Playlist is not being set correctly (checking guisettings.xml confirms this). Hard coding it sets it correctly.

Cheers
The above works, it's still something I'm working on and will be in the 3.50.x update.

Fantastic, glad to hear it'll be fixed. I'm not a huge fan of spotlight, it seems kind of pointless.
It might in the 3.60.x update, I'm putting more attention into the PVR side of things. I've even gone out and bought a new outside aerial, tv card and other parts required so I can do proper testing.

No worries, Piers. Appreciate the to do list has to be prioritised. Thanks for the update.
Changed topic to solved. This now works as of version 3.44.22.

Thanks Piers!
Thank you changing the topic - yep, that's a major fix for 3.44.22 Smile

Thanks, Piers!
This works for me now, except that scrolling to the next episode artwork doesn't leave the previous one visible. It scrolls in from a grey screen. Not a huge issue but I thought I'd let you know. It's a regular playlist of episodes, not a smart playlist.
(2015-01-28, 02:13)anarchybomb88 Wrote: This works for me now, except that scrolling to the next episode artwork doesn't leave the previous one visible. It scrolls in from a grey screen. Not a huge issue but I thought I'd let you know. It's a regular playlist of episodes, not a smart playlist.

Can you take a video or a series of screenshots?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Playlist Widget Issue0