Kodi DateAdded & file mtime inconsistent
Hi guys, please help me understand this issue as I am getting very annoyed that I can't figure it out.

I am migrating to Helix, but wanted to start with a clean install to avoid any bloat that accumulated in my current profile. Earlier today I noticed some inconsistency in the filesystem naming structure of my older media, so corrected everything before importing/setting content in Kodi. This has resulted in a messed up "Date Added" order in Kodi....bringing the renamed files to the top even though they were added to the harddrive years ago.

No problem I though, knowing that Kodi uses the mtime/ctime for determing the DateAdded value. Using a NirSoft utility, I changed the filesystem "modified date/time" of those renamed movies, deleted the Kodi profile and started again - same problem.

In the following screenshot you can see the entry in Kodi's database, and the corresponding file in windows explorer:

Kodi is indeed seeing the "actual" mtime (when I renamed those files)....but what I don't understand is, after using the utility to change the file's dates (as is confirmed by windows explorer), how is Kodi seeing the original time instead of the changed one??

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Notes: I dont have <dateadded>0</dateadded> (current datetime when adding a video) set in my advancedsettings. The lastPlayed time in the db is from the nfo... I have also tried removing the nfos and then importing, but the date issue still remains.
I'm seeing something similar as well. Someone else reported it here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210579

And there is a bit of conversation going in that thread that includes one of the developers. I linked to this post in that one.
For reference - I have continued this discussion in the thread mentioned about by pkscout.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DateAdded & file mtime inconsistent0