Dual screen - Kodi can't be locked on TV
Hello,

English is not my language, thus sorry for all.

I use and donate for the excellent XBMC (now Kodi) from years and the first start on XBox !

My actual configuration are:

- 1 computer with Sapphire HD 5830 and Seven 64Bits and 14.9 Catalyst
- 1 display connected by DVI
- 1 TV with CEC connected by HDMI
- 1 USB - CEC Adapter from pulse-eight.com

I would XBMC locked on TV like I do it with all 12.X versions. Actually if I try to set XBMC 13.X or latests Kodi betas and now RC2 with display on Full screen 2 (My TV) and "simulate fullscreen by window" (My own translation because my computer are in French) it's okay. But after few times Kodi came back on my computer display and sometimes ask me if I want to save the changes.
I try Kodi launcher to focus on Kodi regulary without more sucess. I try all advanced and expert sets I found in display section, but no more result.

I also try software like DisplayFusion and all others I find to lock it on TV but the Kodi window always came back.

Thank you for your help Wink
I'm a little unfamiliar with the CEC Adapter (I did Google it and understand what it does, after the dust settles, a mini review would be nice). My set-up is very close to yours and I launch to my LG screen with a script based on changing the displayport and on exit of Kodi the display just jumps back to my DVI monitor. If I want to keep both XBMC/Kodi up at the same time... I use a manually created extended screen first, then open a windowed XBMC/Kodi on the primary monitor and drag the window to the secondary display (TV) and use the | slash key to expand to full screen (the order this is done is important for most systems). Failing that the AMD software allows you to switch primary displays on a hot key.

With your CEC connected, there maybe a timing issue, and the screen size is not articulated proper and uses a default (hence the requester for save the changes). I stuck a AV/receiver in the mix and I'm running into some of these issues, depending on the order of devices powered Smile ugh. I would suggest that this issue might be brought to the attention of the pulse-eight people.

I can tell you that the video behaviour between Gotham and Helix hasn't changed for me, after an initial screen setting. If you get a solve.. please post the fix.
CEC Adapter should not be the problem,because only get infos from the CEC pins. I will try without (but there is no way to use Kodi if no CEC).
Do you ask me to write a review?

More informations about the problem:
If I try XBMC 12 with latests Catalyst I can't lock XBMC on screen like olders ones.
There is something different about the screen management with Catalyst, this is the problem or a part I expect.
I'm on my computer, by exemple writing message here, if TV are powered off sometimes ago, my screen turn black, sound like hardware disconnected and I get Kodi in wrong screen.
After that I go in settings, the good screen is selected (well done !). I need to choose the windowed mode and turn back my older settting. Here I have Kodi who ask if I want to keep the changes:

- No: All good to the next automatic screen change
- Yes: Kodi menu start in good screen but player start in computer display. If I stop with remote, menu is back in good place.

I understand you use Kodi OR computer screen, but I need both in same time a lot, myself, gf,...
When you want both you make a lot of settings with computer, it's extremly boring, remember what I have to do from years it's only to put my ass on sofa and taking remote and don't care what the computer do (PC is ON 24/7/365).

I have no more explanation about screen management software can't do the job. Sad
I mentioned that if the target (the TV set) is not on.... prior to launch, then the Kodi display will default to the priority one screen (the monitor) your gfx card needs the eide handshake to determine which res available.
Quote: if TV are powered off sometimes ago, my screen turn black, sound like hardware disconnected and I get Kodi in wrong screen.
then you've lost that HDCP handshake

I hate quoting myself, but it saves time
Quote:If I want to keep both monitos up at the same time... I use a manually created extended screen first, then open a windowed XBMC/Kodi on the primary monitor and drag the window to the secondary display (TV) and use the | slash key to expand to full screen (the order this is done is important for most systems). Failing that the AMD software allows you to switch primary displays on a hot key.
Kodi wasn't designed to multi-task well, although quite a few users have had luck with two displays at the same time it's not guaranteed anywhere, and the response from the developers is typical, buy another computer.
Yeah all is OK, quoting yourself was not requested, I have understanded all you write Smile

I add more information in my last post, and I think that's can't be explained only by that:

With Kodi launcher and auto focusing fonction each hour my Kodi screen keep on TV a longer time.
Without Kodi launcher Kodi change to computer display if I watch DVB on my TV (thus not powered off).

One more time, my computer are the same, only XBMC / Kodi and GFX Driver make bad changes or have no full compability.

I think it's not the harder thing to develop for really interesting functionnality...
Why not buying another Rasp Pi when a new version came, but it's a little bit stupid.

Thank you PatK for your time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual screen - Kodi can't be locked on TV0