Win Gotham - how to show movie setup menu
Hello -\

I'm new to this, and have been trying to get to the movie setup menu to select audio options etc. Most of my movies are on connected drives, in .iso format.

Is it possible to go to the setup menus before starting the movie? I seem to always be dumped right o the movie with out being able to select any options.

Any help is appreciated.
thanks
Once you've started playing a movie, you can hit m to bring up the menu and then go to audio settings. You can also set those settings as default for all videos from within that menu by going to the bottom of the menu and selecting set as default for all videos. You can of course go to settings>audio>playback and settings>system>audio output at any time to make system wide audio settings changes.

What type of settings are you trying to change exactly. I honestly can't remember the last time I needed to access the audio settings while a movie was playing.
we are trying to get to the setup screen of the movie, not the XBMC menus.
We should be able to see the individual settings for each movie, before the movie starts.
Wouldn't even mind if that meant we have to watch the previews.
more info -

when we have a movie that we know is 7.1 audio, XBMC always plays it showing 5.1
how do we get to a setting to change to 7.1?

XBMC is already set to show we have a 7.1 setup (as the default)

It will show Dolby TruHD 7.1, but it will not show DTS Master Audio 7.1
I guess I don't understand what you're asking, as I told you both how to access the menu from within the videos and how to access the settings for XBMC globally. I'm sorry, but maybe include some pictures showing us what you're talking about or try to explain your problem in a little more detailed manner. You can for example, have XMBC set up as 7.1, but your computer's audio output might not be setup to support that. As truthfully, if you have a 7.1 system and you're outputting HDMI to your receiver, it doesn't matter what you put in the XBMC box because 99% of the people using XBMC are using passthrough for their audio and it is exactly that, passing the audio through to your receiver for decoding. It's passing through exactly what's there regardless of anything you're done in the system settings. So post up some pictures of your setup, the movies you're trying to play and tell us more about your equipment, whether it supports 7.1 playback, connections between your computer and receiver, etc. You want help, you need to provide more information than you're providing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham - how to show movie setup menu0