Amazon FTV- Putting the device to sleep using Flirc
Is there any way FTV can be put to sleep using a remote control press or a keyboard shortcut?

I have a flirc which I am thinking of programming but I don't know the keyboard shortcut for the sleep function.

Any suggestions?
Not that I am aware. However what I do know... Since this is what I am doing...

AFTV will go to sleep in 30mins by default.
if Kodi is left running, AFTV will never go to sleep. Change settings in Kodi to exit after xx minutes of idle activity (e.g. 15 minutes). It will shutdown (properly) and return to the Amazon Fire TV home screen.

Values can be change for AFTV (settings/system) and Kodi to whatever you would like.
Check this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/d...=201452450

You might be able to also use the app "Llama to create an event, not sure if anyone has done this before, search the forums.
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
I looked everywhere before I posted here. To the best of my knowledge Llama does not support a shutdown or sleep event, but that was my first choice.

Thanks for the suggestions though. It is not a huge deal but I have a simple netgear qwerty remote that scores really high WAF points, and I have been able to program it perfectly for FTV using flirc. The one and only problem is that the remote is not a universal remote and does not turn my Samsung TV off. I was hoping to program a button for the FTV sleep so HDMI CEC could take over and turn the TV off.

It is kind of ridiculous how Amazon has hidden the sleep button under so many layers. It would have made so much sense to put it on the main menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon FTV- Putting the device to sleep using Flirc0