Kodi 14.0 Library Scan Failed
Hello Everyone, Happy Holidays.

Just installed a fresh copy of 14.0 (Dec 23 Release), Install went smooth, after adding my Movie folders and running a scan, nothing happens. I can see that the scan starts via the bar in top right corner but it goes away in less then a second. No Movies get scanned to the library.

My Movies are like this G:\Movies\MovieName (Year)

Each Movie Folder has a .nfo with the right info, it worked fine in previous versions of Kodi/XBMC (13,12..)

Please any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

Link to Log File
I'm joining this because i have the same problem with bluray .isos. The movies appear in "recently added movies" and there I can start them but they won't appear when i hit movies.

Did you add a scrapper to the video sources you added? Maybe check out the wiki on how to add videos to the library, if you haven't already.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
Yes of course I use the local NFO option, I have tried the online scraper but that was no help, but out of stupid luck it hit me. I have 3 sources of movies, on 2 hard drives. Before 14.0 , I use to just go to file-add video- and add all 3 sources under the name of Movies, that worked fine. To solve my problem , this time I added the 3 sources separately, movies, movies2, movies 3. Then I scanned each source one by on and bam, works. It's adding all of my movie to the library as we speak.
I'm also had the same issue, but came to the same solution as denismn. I have another issue now with the Libraries not updating with the update library command. I have to manually "Scan for new content" for it to work. Anyone have any ideas?
I understand the ablity to add more than one source under the same name was being done away with.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-26, 23:11)nickr Wrote: I understand the ablity to add more than one source under the same name was being done away with.

is there a reason why they are doing away with that feature?
I think it was too hard to maintain. There is no downside as far as I can see.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I issue I seem to be having is, if I don't let the scraper do its thing the first time I add a source the items won't be added at all when update library is executed.
debug log (wiki)
I would, if I hadn't just redone my whole library already and let the scraper scan without interruption. But the moment it happens again I will be uploading the logs. I was just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. Thanks for the replies.
I have the same problem but I have videos spread across 8 shares If I have to readd then all do I have to rebuild my Db or will it find them again? I currently am able to just use the context menu to trigger a scan now I will have to do that for 8 shares?
For ongoing updating you can simply "update library" which updates all sources.

If the paths to the files are the same, they should be in the library correctly.
I've had trouble with the update library function in the past. On videos where I have had to manually add because the scrapper has multiple entries for the name it will change them to the wrong one. Has his been resolved?
It is resolved if you name your files properly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 14.0 Library Scan Failed0