Kodi 14.0 Library Scan Failed
When there are multiple movies of the same name in the same year it will pick the first on in the list. This is not a file name issue. I just want to know if I add the sources as seperate entries will it readd them to the library as a duplicate entry?
I haven't come across movies with duplicated names in the same year. It shouldn't add them again if they are the same path.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Well separating them works but now when I add media I have to manually scan 7 shares instead of 2. Clearly this is better than just scanning 2. I had my shares working for years without issue so clearly it needed to be fixed in this release. Thanks for making things simpler. Does plex do this too?
This is not a plex forum.

And I think this is the relevant dev discussion http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid1668208
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Let me get this straight. The reason my library not updating is because my sources are combined? For ex, my movies source contains Anime movies, Animated Movies, and etc. It would work better if I separated these sources? Anime source, Animated movie source, etc.? Cuz right now I'm using tools outside of Kodi to redo my whole library which has now taken 2 full days and it's not finished yet! I would love to just use Kodi for my library scraping!
Ok, that is what my exact problem is: I have a folder with nothing but .strm files. I was having a problem scanning them into the library. Actually, Kodi just skips over them. There is over 10,000 .strm movies in that folder! That can be another issue I guess. When I manually try to update that folder Kodi actually freezes for 10-15 minutes. I don't know if that is because the sheer amount of files in that folder, but Kodi always recovers, but the library never sees anything in that folder! Nothing ever gets scanned or scraped.

Edit: I figured it out. It's the sheer number of files Kodi had to scrape which was causing problems. I tested a folder with about 10 streams and it worked ok.That mega folder was collected files for over several years and upgrading to Kodi it had to process a lot of information in one folder causing hiccups.
Have you actually read the wiki section on filenaming?

Also, get your source organised. For movies

moviesource/Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2009).mkv (some will say separate directories per movie is not needed, but it works better IMHO. People will say the year is not needed, but it does no harm and who knows when Avatar will be remade or forgotten and another film of the same name made.)

For TV:

tvsource//Rectify/Season 1/Rectify S01E01 - Always There.mkv Here the year should not be used unles sit is part of the name on thetvdb. EG Doctor Who vs Doctor Who (2005). Also you don't really need the episode title (Always There), or Season directories - I find them tidier.)
(2014-12-28, 21:42)TJ_98 Wrote: When there are multiple movies of the same name in the same year it will pick the first on in the list. This is not a file name issue. I just want to know if I add the sources as seperate entries will it readd them to the library as a duplicate entry?
In that case, create a text file and name it exactly the same as you named your movie file, but change the extension to .nfo. In that file put a link to the imdb page for the correct movie and save it. Then when you scan, the scraper should use that link to Id the movie.

TRJB
Thumbs Down 
(2014-12-28, 23:17)TJ_98 Wrote: Well separating them works but now when I add media I have to manually scan 7 shares instead of 2. Clearly this is better than just scanning 2. I had my shares working for years without issue so clearly it needed to be fixed in this release.

I agree, when adding or removing features the ability to use that feature should also be added/removed. Otherwise, what the devs have created is an undocumented "feature". You can still add multipath shares, and now they no longer work at all? I can work around missing multipath functionality, but there should have been a UI deletion of the "ADD" and "REMOVE" buttons in source management.

If you add in the apparent failure of Kodi to utilize MySQL there are quite a few use cases that are now unavailable. I can understand the devs implementing overly ambitious functions, but there is a lapse in product development to fail to strip out the mechanisms or replace them with new UI elements that will clue the user to the changes. Hell, even a info panel would have sufficed.

Now to spend the next 3 weeks rescanning my 18TB of data, after changing the naming pattern for all 9TB of anime that needs changing now due to an undocumented swap in detection via the AniDB addon.

DEVS: DOCUMENT YOUR CHANGES!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 14.0 Library Scan Failed0