URL Error: unable to connect to server
Hi:
I've just downloaded the new Helix 1.4 over my old one, XBMC version 12. While installing I was asked if I wanted to uninstall my last version and that all settings would be transferred the new one. I said yes. I didn't have this URL error message when I used to turn on the other older version, so I don't know if the uninstall of version 12 is causing the problem. I never really used that version because I was unable to really get it going, got a few channels, but couldn't get more so I gave up working on it. I decided today to give it another go, now as soon as I start it up I get the URL Error message plus another message comes up to say, "error in Artwork Rotation Thread" I have Windows Vista Home version, it is 32-bit on a Hewlett Packard Slimline system. Could someone help me with this please? Thank you.
I've been doing some research on other forums dealing with the XBMC and it seems the problems I'm having could have to do with the XBMB3C add on. I have 2 listed in my system. Can someone tell me how to disable one and get rid of the other one? Thanks.
I'm having the exact same issue as you, as well as another problem accessing TV shows trough my media server (movies works fine).

Can you tell me how and if the problem is resolved?
I did not have this problem through the Alphas and Betas, then it showed up as soon as I updated to "Stable" Kodi Helix. I'm having an immediate URL Error: Unable to connect to server, frequent messages that GO TV cannot connect (even though it appears to be working), etc. I'm running Kodi Helix Stable on a Dell Optiplex 720 with 4 Gb RAM and a 500 Gb hard drive, connecting through a Motorola Surfboard SBG6580.
I posted a thread about my issue which is very similar to the ones above but haven't got a response yet.

Updated to Kodi Helix from Frodo and the problems started.

My movies, tv shows and pictures are all on my media server (xternal hard drive) and 2 of the 3 have no problem getting access, however tv shows gives me the remote share error.

It's weird because I can access my tv shows through the files tab so why the connection error?

Hopefully someone will be so kind as to help soon please!
Need a full debug log to diagnose anything.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1707504
I had posted it in my other thread...here it is : 214993 (thread)

Here is the debug log : http://pastebin.com/z1qxHqyF
Blasto79, looks like your Kodi databases are broken.
Try to clear Kodi setting (rename Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/Kodi folder) and re-run Kodi. Kodi will recreate all setting, old setting directory can be removed than.
Karlon2k, Can you please clarify what you mean by clear kodi setting?

I accessed the kodi folder and there are quite a few folders and files. Which one must I clear?

Appreciate the help!
Blasto79, clear Kodi settings means go to folder "Users/username/AppData/Roaming" and delete "Kodi" folder. Or you can rename "Kodi" folder to "Kodi-backup"
OK done, I imagine I can always revert to the Kodi-backup folder to return to the prior mess.

It seems that this has reset my kodi completely, is this correct? All add-ons must be re-installed?

Just to be sure, is this the same as performing a factory reset on KODI and if all is well can I delete the backed up folder?

Thanks in advance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
URL Error: unable to connect to server0