ion 2 updated to openelec 5.0 playing 23.971 instead of 23.976
Hi I updated to opebelec 5 tonight and my 23.976 content is playing back at 23.971 this wasn't the case prior to updating to openelec 5. Is anyone else having this issue or might it be a setting ?
That is an old NVidia issue. You need a custom modeline in xorg.conf in order to get 23.976.
(2014-12-29, 10:17)FernetMenta Wrote: That is an old NVidia issue. You need a custom modeline in xorg.conf in order to get 23.976.

Yeah ive seen that but this wasn't a problem with the previous version of openelec (Gotham) it appeared when I installed Kodi.

It's been suggested I delete guisettings.XML I'll give it a try and report back
No, that won't help.

You need a valid /storage/.config/xorg.conf

It has absolutely nothing to do with gotham, frodo, helix ... it's an nvidia driver fault since > 5 years.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
You could spend 5 minutes and read http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...tab=Nvidia
Since that is openelec

However also Minimal_NVidia_xorg.conf (wiki) or Configuring_resolution_via_xorg.conf (wiki) would seem to be indicated for this.

You could try this http://pastebin.com/tEgMjpWu and save it in indicated directory that openelec expects it as a xorg.conf then restart and test.

If I knew your devices exactly and refresh rates it would be very easy to make a xorg.conf for your system but alas Im not familiar with any verbose xlogging in openelec.
I have read about the xorg.conf file and what needs to be done. The point I was trying to get across is I haven't had to do this before it just worked and since moving to openelec 5 this problem has appeared. I'll just make the modifications as pointed out
For an Ubuntu box rather than OE, are you sure we still need to disable composite?

I ask because... I forgot to restore an xorg.conf file for nvidia since switching my box back from OE to Ubuntu (to troubleshoot unrelated audio issue). And yet everything seems to be fine; though I suspect I do need those modelines, everything else seems to be quite happy, including temporal/spatial deinterlacing, with composite left enabled.

And disabling composite means you can't log out and into the Unity desktop to fix stuff if you need to, without first re-enabling composite. And sod's law dictates that I will need to do so many times right after having made it difficult for myself! Wink
I'm wondering now as I initially installed the openelec ion version and have updated to the next versions from this. But with the update to v5 I did a soft reset. So did the ion version have a xorg.conf file already done and the soft reset deleted it.
No, none was shipped. Most likely someone fixed it for you during the last years.

Does it work now?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
composite is not necessary to disable in OE but it shouldn't make a difference either.

The reason why you didn't notice it before is probably because OE some ION version (no idea) probably shipped a xorg.conf and now doesn't.

You have been given the solution, sure it can be tweaked to your system, but Im confident after the info provided to you can do that yourself.
Yeah I'm sure I can get it going now thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I always remember setting this machine up and everything just worked strange !!!
It took a while but its now working correct. I kept getting errors for xorg service not starting a bit of reading and a few changes and it started up and played at 23.976 again.

Thanks for everyone's help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ion 2 updated to openelec 5.0 playing 23.971 instead of 23.9760