Can't play videofiles stored on NAS
I use an Asrock ION 330 with Openelec 5.0 (Kodi). My mediafiles are stored on a Synology NAS with DSM 5.1, using NFS. The Asrock is connected with the NAS via a wired connection. All permissions and settings on the NAS (incl insecure in /etc/exports) are okay. When I try to play back a video file, sometimes the file won't start, sometimes the file plays for 10 minutes and then quits. I tried two files (see log) and both files failed to play (e.g. line 301 10:27:16 T:140030178453248 ERROR: Read - Error( -14, read call failed with "F" ))

Music (stored on the same NAS) plays without problems.

See http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=387185 for logfile.

Anybody?
Maybe this thread:

NFS broken in Kodi?

can help you? But your problem looks slightly different than mine.
please don´t provide cutted logfiles. Allways the full log

and am I correct if I suppose, that you connect a USB drive to that NAS and play the files from there? Maybe this is the bottleneck?!
I can't help I'm afraid but I am experiencing pretty much the exact same problem!

I was having issues with media playback freezing at just under the 10 minute mark and eventually it drops back to the media list!?!?! This was on a previous version of OpenELEC so I upgraded, same problem and eventually did a completely fresh install on my Intel NUC and I'm still having the same problem with all of my video files!!!

I'd be happy to post a logfile if someone could tell me how to do so?

Thanks for any help guys.....
(2014-12-30, 18:38)David1977 Wrote: please don´t provide cutted logfiles. Allways the full log

and am I correct if I suppose, that you connect a USB drive to that NAS and play the files from there? Maybe this is the bottleneck?!
You are correct that it is a USB-drive. Maybe it is the bottleneck, but the USB-disk was idling (no other processes accessing the disk). In 4.2.1 I had no problems. I will give it a test with files stored on the internal NAS-drives.

Complete log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=387715 (line 10415).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't play videofiles stored on NAS0