UPnP viable yet for library syncing?
I've been using MySQL to sync my library and it works well. I was just wondering if uPnP was a viable option yet. I added a uPnP source just to test it out and i was able to view media and play it but I got no posters or other fanart. Either I didn't set it up right or it's not quite ready for prime time yet. I'm assuming the latter is correct?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Posters and fanart should work. It won't populate the client's library yet though.
Hmm now that you mention it, it never asked what kind of media it was which must be why there were no postets or fanart. Does it sync across clients like sql does?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Here's a quick look through what's possible with UPnP right now.

I am using UPnP with my setup. As long as you have playlists already setup on your main box, once you add your UPnP source, you can use your existing playlists on the client machine. So I just added my UPnP source, created my custom home menu items and pointed them to my existing playlists on the sharing box. The only down side to this is that you don't get the logos, discart, etc. But posters and fanart work fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP viable yet for library syncing?0