live tv option not available on kodi
so finally I upgrade from Gothem to Kodi but I don't have live tv option on the mean menu of codi please help.
Get a backend , enable client on kodi , enable tv in kodi settings
Gotta love the replies when a robotic voice says something general that comes into mind but does not takes more than 30 seconds, typing included - but does not solve a specific problem.

Kodibuntu comes with tvheadend preinstalled, but it does not turn up in Kodi, and cannot be enabled, because it seems to be missing. Any more ideas?
(2015-01-10, 21:05)faxmactor Wrote: Gotta love the replies when a robotic voice says something general that comes into mind but does not takes more than 30 seconds, typing included - but does not solve a specific problem.

Kodibuntu comes with tvheadend preinstalled, but it does not turn up in Kodi, and cannot be enabled, because it seems to be missing. Any more ideas?
What do you mean tvheadend preinstalled? Do you mean tvh itself, or the pvr addon to kodi?

The pvr addon is not enough. You also need the actual tvheadend server. Is that installed too?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The server part of tvh is installed in Kodibuntu (I just made a fresh install of 14.0, Heiix).
Ok, now have you configured the server?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-01-10, 21:05)faxmactor Wrote: Gotta love the replies when a robotic voice says something general that comes into mind but does not takes more than 30 seconds, typing included - but does not solve a specific problem.

No you cant expect everyone to make a complete guide about settings up live tv in xbmc with every possible backend out there
That was just some topic words to make him look further. The info is all ready out there.
Isn't part of the question "did you have Live TV in Gotham"? That addresses the backend issue. After that, it's an addon/configuration issue - probably needing to install the relevant Kodi addon instead of the obsolete XBMC one.
okay guys thanks for replying my problem not solved yet still no live tv on the mean menu I have th PVR set up on the setting I know how to do it I cant find where is the live TV icon is ~~~~
HAVE YOU CONFIGURED YOUR TVH BACKEND?

Sorry to shout, but simple question, simple to answer.
Work with us here, guys - we have two posters (ghost324 and faxmactor). We've established that faxmactor is running Kodibuntu, therefore Linux, and is using tvheadend, also therefore Linux. We haven't established anything about ghost324's setup. We don't know what backend you're using, what OS you're using, what... anything.

On Linux, on an upgrade, you'll need to separately install the Kodi PVR addon of your choice. On Windows, it should come with the .EXE, unless you disable it on installation. On MacOS, I don't know - probably Linux-like. On Android, it comes as part of the package. On ... or perhaps I've made my point.

Please, explain what you have, what you're trying to achieve and what you've already done. No-one can read minds.
Furthermore - which skin are You using... I've seen skins that don't offer LiveTV...
(2015-01-10, 22:13)nickr Wrote: Ok, now have you configured the server?

Sorry, it took a while to assess the situation and I also need sleep Wink

Erm, solved. I use disk images and to speed up clean tests and forgot that the image had DHCP set. I got a different IP, so that was the problem. Thanks anyway!

Regarding the original issue, in case you have Kodibuntu:

(2015-01-10, 04:14)ghost324 Wrote: so finally I upgrade from Gothem to Kodi but I don't have live tv option on the mean menu of codi please help.

I am not sure how it was in v13 Gotham, but now as far as tvheadend goes, plugin name also has changed to Kodi and needs to be installed from Lubuntu desktop using the Package Manager (kodi-pvr-tvheadend-hts).
Note: Login screen has also changed, you access the Lubuntu by selecting 'Lubuntu' in the top right hand corner of the screen.

After installing you need to configure and enable it in Kodi (Settings -> Add-ons -> Disabled add-ons and Settings -> Live TV -> General)
guys thanks for replying again i'm using windows 7 . how I make live Tv option on my mean menu on kodi?

what is backend?
Backend == the PVR software == the thing that actually catches the TV signals from your tuners.

If you don't have that then you're likely to be struggling. Do you recognise any of these words: tvheadend, Argus, NextPVR, Myth, Windows Media Centre, IPTV Simple, 4theRecord, MediaPortal... if not, that's likely to be the gap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
live tv option not available on kodi0