Commerical Skip
Hi,

I've recently updated to Kodi 14.0 and a 0.28 Mythtv backend.

I am hopefull to get Kodi on my ATV 2's back to where they will autoskip commercials like earlier Mythtv/XBMC installs did.

I've installed and configured the Mythtv PRV add-on and have enabled automatic commercial skipping. My backend is also configured to flag commercials.

Is there any other reason that Kodi wouldn't be skipping them? So far this doesn't appear to be working for me on early testing.

Thank you,
Scott
IME it does work.

However why are you using an unreleased version of mythtv?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-01-14, 00:06)nickr Wrote: IME it does work.

However why are you using an unreleased version of mythtv?

Beyond defalt settings, is there anything else you use? I end up watching more commercials than I would like. I have commercial flagging on the backend. .27
I was wondering if anyone has Com skipping working on LIVETV. Mine works fine after a recording finishes, but I was wondering if I built enough of a buffer, or start watching currenlty recording show 15 minutes will it skip the commercials?
1 Original XBOX XBMC with every game under the sun
3 Raspberry Pi's w/ Openelec Kodi shared MySQL db
1 Win7 Kodi hosting shared MySQL and media
1 Mythbuntu backend v.27 and HD Homerun Prime 3 tuners
There is a backend setting to flag commercials during recording. Normally it is done after the recording finishes. It *will* result in higher IO and CPU on the backend.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks nickr. In your opinion, do you think a quad core CPU will be able to handle that kind of load from HDHomeRun Prime with a RPi frontend (all wired)? Even though the backend has the setting, does the front end recognize it before it finishes recording?

I will try it when I get home.
Thanks for your help
1 Original XBOX XBMC with every game under the sun
3 Raspberry Pi's w/ Openelec Kodi shared MySQL db
1 Win7 Kodi hosting shared MySQL and media
1 Mythbuntu backend v.27 and HD Homerun Prime 3 tuners
Not sure which region you're in but I use the silence detection method for comskip here in Australia which from what it states in the wiki is very light on resources. It works well with live TV with the setting that nick mentioned when enough of a buffer has been built up.
My setup:
Mythtv LinHES backend using Mythtv latest version 0.28 for Schedule's Direct database changes
ATV2 FE's with Kodi 14.0

Are others with Mythtv .27 or .28 having success with Kodi 14.0 skipping mythtv flagged commercials?

If yes, are any of you using ATV2 for Kodi FE's? Maybe my issue is specific to the ATV2 build?

I haven't upgraded to 14.1 just yet, but didn't see any mention of a fix in the change log regarding my issue.

My suspicion is that the problem lies with the mythtv PVR add-on and not Kodi itself?

Maybe I'm missing a setting but I don't think so.

Any help is appreciated![/i]

Scott
Commercial skip is not working for me either. I have a mythtv .27 backend running on an Ubuntu 14.10 server and Kodi 14.1 on my htpc (Ubuntu 14.10). Commercials in recordings are flagged and skip fine when viewing from mythfrontend. The Kodi codec drop-down indicates there are recording breaks, but the commercials are not skipped on playback. I have the default mythtv pvr client and all settings are default (commercials set to skip always). I'm stumped.

obguy
Have you enabled demuxing in the mythtv adorns settings?
Demuxing was not enabled so I enabled it, restarted, and commercial skip still does not work. I rechecked the same recording in mythfrontend. The flags were present and in the right places and the skips did work (in mythfrontend). The EDL info is displayed in Kodi, like EDL:B5S8, so I assume it has what it needs to perform a commercial skip.
Commercial skip seems to be working now. From the pvr add-on settings, I toggled the commercial skip option from Always to Dialog, then played the recording and the skipping worked. When the option was changed back to Always, the commercial skipping in playback was still working. I'm going to assume the setting was not being recognized for some reason.
I have problems with skipping to the wrong place.. either too soon, or too late.

I know this was solved in the old cmyth plugin, due to the fact that Comcast cable is using variable frame rate mpeg-ts streams, and Myth 0.27 keeps a table of where things are.. I can only assume this table information has not been exposed in the API, and therefore until it's there, EDL/Comskip will always be broken for me..
(2015-02-08, 18:56)obguy Wrote: Commercial skip seems to be working now. From the pvr add-on settings, I toggled the commercial skip option from Always to Dialog, then played the recording and the skipping worked. When the option was changed back to Always, the commercial skipping in playback was still working. I'm going to assume the setting was not being recognized for some reason.

Toggling commercial skip from always to dialog worked for me. Very odd but thanks. I thought I had tried everything
Yahoo works for me too!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Commerical Skip0