Series Recording
Hey guys,

So, I just switched to Rapier from Aeon Nox. I love it! However, I was wondering if there were any plans to have the skin support series recordings? As outlined in the wiki for WMC.PVR (What I use), series recordings have to be enabled by the skin. Otherwise, I have to switch to confluence to setup series recordings.

Any there any plans for this?

It looks like this thread says it is as simple as copying a file from the NextPVR folder and reskinning it to match Rapier. You guys know more than I do, though Smile
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
Hi Gade,

I found further information on the wiki page, here http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:PVR.WMC#Ena..._recording (Go to the bottom under section 9, Advanced topics. What I'm trying to direct you to is section 9.1 which tells you how to add series record to your skin)

It looks like you have to copy an XML file from Confluence and then just fix it to match your skin.

It would mean so much to me if you could add this to your skin. I can also donate towards a beer for you if you want Smile

Also, I was wondering if you were going to change the OSD for live TV. Currently, it is the same OSD as watching a TV show or a movie. Other skins have a different OSD for live TV.

For example, this is from Aeon Nox (one of them, anyway Smile ):

I use Live TV a LOT, so, please let me know if you need a Guinea pig to test any PVR stuff out. I use ServerWMC to watch live TV via Verizon Fios (with a cable card)
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
Hi SheHatesMe.

I'd love to add support for series recordings.

But as I don't use PVR myself, I have no way of skinning the 2 windows needed: RecordPrefs.xml and DeleteTimer.xml
Most skinners use the PVR Demo to skin PVR.

If someone else wants to skin these windows for Rapier, I'd be more than happy to add them to the skin.

The thing is, that the authors of the PVR add-ons (both WMC and NextPVR) have not added image files to be used with the skin windows. That's why they only work with Confluence. If they add the images used in their xml windows, the PVR add-ons will work with all skins (using Confluence's layout).

I'll do some more digging, but as for now, it's unfortunately not possible for me.
Hmm,

On the wiki for PVR it says that you can just copy Record Prefs and Deletetimer straight from Confluence and it will work in your skin. The only thing that needs to be done is to change the image files that are referenced so that it matches your skin.

It seemed like it was as easy as just swapping the image files. I mean, Im not 100% sure since I don't have the talent for skinning. I just figured it was worth pointing out Smile ...I could test it out for you if you could just tell me which files I need to rename everything to in RecordPrefs and Deletetimer. I actually messed around with it last night, but the way you named your dialog boxes and the way Confluence has it's named is a bit different. Like I said, it works if I just copy it straight from confluence, it just looks funky because it looks like a box from confluence.

Ill take some SS's when I get home to show you what I mean. I actually started a series recording from your skin last night with it.

I got that info from here:

Quote:"In the ‘resources’ folder of the add-on there are two xml skin files created for Confluence named 'DeleteTimer.xml' and 'RecordPrefs.xml'. These files need to be manually added to the Confluence skin folder (on Windows, C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p). Alternatively, you create a symbolic link to these files in the Confluence folder.
If you aren't using Confluence, you can add these files to the skin folder you are using. The dialogs will look funky since they are designed for Confluence (they should work though). You can modify these files to look right in whatever your skin of choice is if you are so inclined.
Once installed, when first trying to record a show after the initial confirmation, a new dialog will open (if it’s a TV series) asking if you want to record the series. Similar for when you go to delete a timer, if it’s a series timer, it will ask if you want to delete the whole series-timer."
Yeah, it will work, but it will use Confluence's layout.

Another thing is, that copying the files to a skin folder other than Confluence, will not show any of the images. That's because the PVR add-ons don't include the images used in the add-ons.

But I actually think I have found a way to do this.

I will post a link to the updated Rapier, when I'm finished, so you can test it out.
Thanks dude Smile
It should work now, although I have no real way of testing.

Could you please test it using the latest version and maybe also post screenshots of the RecordingPrefs and DeleteTimer dialogs? This way I can see if everything is correct.

Download latest version here.

Cheers
Gade
No problems, loading it up now Smile

* IT WORKS! Smile

watch gallery
Hi SheHatesMe.

This looks exactly like I hoped Smile

Thanks a lot for posting the screenshots. This will be included with Rapier from the next update.

Since I don't use PVR, I'm very interested in bugreports, feature suggestions etc. I have already taken note of the OSD suggestions above.

Cheers
Gade
No problem, I will let you know if I run into any bugs Smile

Hey, is there anyway to get rid of that annoying bar at the very top of the UI for Rapier? You can see it in my screenshots. I know Kiosk mode gets rid of the second bar...
(2015-01-16, 01:08)SheHateMe Wrote: Hey, is there anyway to get rid of that annoying bar at the very top of the UI for Rapier? You can see it in my screenshots. I know Kiosk mode gets rid of the second bar...

Hi SheHatesMe.

Theree's no way to get rid of the top bar - it's part of the skin design. You can increase the transparency by editing the xml's if you wish.

Kiosk mode gets rid of the top menu bar - or the skin setting "Hide top options menu bar" will hide it until focused.
Hi SheHatesMe.

I added some more PVR stuff when playing fullscreen live tv.

In the Information dialog ("I" on a remote/keyboard), I added some PVR details in the bottom. Almost all the info from your above Aeon Nox screenshot is available - just in other places. On another note, I also added an Information button to the OSD buttons showing/hiding the information dialog.

When displaying codec info ("O" on a remote/keyboard), I added the full PVR codec info also.

I you could test it out to see if everything's working correctly, I'd be a very happy camper Smile

Download the updated Rapier here.
Ill test it right away and post screenshots Smile

*So mediafire sucks. The download keeps timing out. Are you able to make a dev branch on Github?*
Take it from here. I only use MediaFire to keep track of the number of downloads Smile
Here are the Screenshots! This is really great, thank you so much for all the work you have done Smile

watch gallery

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Series Recording0