RealNetworks RealAudio10 (RA10) COOK 6-channel surround
dunno if this is the proper place, but i cant seem to hear anything encoded with the real cook surround audio codec. anyone else have this problem?

here is part of a conversation i had with someone who likes to encode in rmvb

[so im using xbmc with mplayer to play my movies and theres no sound for this release or fight club.... but... i can play your matrix set with no problems.... was there a change in the audio codec used? or a different ver?
im mostly curious so as when i get around to encoding rmvb movies, i can use an audio codec that works for me

as a side note, do you know of a guide that will help me rip and re insert a different audio encode?]

[i changed to Cook 6 channel sound a couple months back instead of Cook stereo. If you install the default realmedia alternative codecs, it should play. Wish i could help more, you're asking questions beyond my expertise.]

anyone else encounter this? any upgrades to codecs in the works?

thanks to all people who have worked on xbmc.... it is my main source of entertainment Smile
XBMC uses mplayer for playback.
You should check the codec issue there:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/

Rgs H2Deetoo,
cool, thanks
XBMC is not inline with the mplayer builds - it has been customised for XBMC.

While you are ofcourse free to use any codecs you want, IMHO real media codecs have been overtaken by competitor technologies such as AAC. It is possible to transcode real media to AAC using open source free tools - see doom9.com.
Question 
@cr1ms0n, does your "/XBMC/system/players/mplayer/codecs/" folder have any .DLL files?, see "/XBMC/system/players/mplayer/codecs/readme.txt" for more information
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks for the replies and help guys
and i did a little reading and i think caldor's right....
according to mplayer, real audio surround isnt supported yet... ra 10
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...t_requests
Rolleyes
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
FYI, support to load COOK 6-channel (and RealVideo 10, a.k.a. RV40 video) Windows DLL codecs from Real Player 10 was very recently added to MPlayer for Linux, and thus it is now play the latest RealAudio audio streams. Once a developer ports those updates to the DLLloader then XBMC should be able to play the same files as well, at least those with not too high resolution or too high bit-rate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RealNetworks RealAudio10 (RA10) COOK 6-channel surround0