fps keep changing
Hi guys, a question:

Under "System info", "video information" and "video" right after "Screen resolution - Full Screen" the fps in brackets are constantly changing.

Can someone please explain me why that is? Is that expected behaviour or is something wrong?

thank you guys!
does nobody know why or do you guys need a bit more clarification what the issue is?
Well... My FPS are going from 23-24 up to 60 FPS and freezes the movie! Got a thread about it here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215292
In my case the movie doesn't freeze. I just don't understand why it's not a static value. Even without playback it keeps changing. I don't get it ... I would really appreciate an explanation. I fear there might be something really wrong.

thank you
That's a measured value. If nothing in this window changes, dirty regions kicks in and reduces fps. You can test by constantly moving your mouse (in case you have one attached). fps should rise to the value set by screen resolution.
thank you FernetMenta Smile

even when I absolutely do nothing and Play no movie it keeps changing. But I think you say it's expected.

Just to get it right: When I play a blu-ray movie with 23.976 fps and that measured value keeps changing it doesn't mean that something is wrong, right?
Depends on your settings .i.e. "adjust display to match refresh rate". If set to start/stop refresh rate should stay at e.g. 23.976 when leaving full-screen video and going this info window. In this case the value can still change slightly but not that much.
ok, understood. Any movement from my part will make the number change. Within a playing movie it should not change. I think I got it. Thank you for the clarification!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fps keep changing0