Need Kodi Android rendering tips - trying to debug some artifacts
Hi all,

I've noticed some weird rendering artifacts when playing movies using my new Android S812-based box. Two things that caught my eye:

1. When playback starts there are noticable horizontal black bars close to the top and bottom of the screen (i can post a photo if anyone is interested). Above them you can also see the movie playing (small bar remains above and below). When I change the zoom type to something else and then switch it back - the bars disappear.

2. When I pause the movie playback and leave it for a few minutes the display dims, as expected. However, the dimming seems not to take the entire screen. The dimming rectangle is slightly smaller than the entire screen leaving a "frame" that is undimmed. This could possibly be related to sizes reported to Kodi from Android itself.

I need a few pointers on where to start looking. Any help is appreciated.
Known issue. Reset the calibration at android system level to 100% and use you TV or Kodi to handle overscan.
(2015-02-02, 09:09)Koying Wrote: Known issue. Reset the calibration at android system level to 100% and use you TV or Kodi to handle overscan.

Not sure I understand - which calibration? The device is set to output 1080p. I don't think there's anything else to control in that respect.. (thanks for the heads up, you probably saved me tons of time :-)).

Update - I noticed there's a video calibration section in Kodi. Is that what you meant?
No. Amlogic boxes have a calibration app specific to them (somewhere in their setting app).
The symptoms you describe are typical when this app is used to scale the display.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Kodi Android rendering tips - trying to debug some artifacts0