Win Is Kodi biased against letter "d" in SubString?
Hi, I couldn't believe it but is true. I'm in windows 7 and trying to establish a <visible> condition as follows...

<visible>SubString(MusicPlayer.Artist,d,Left)</visible>

...I'm trying to make an image visible only when the artist name starts by the letter d... to no avail...

I have tried every single letter, from a to z, even numbers and they all work... other than d...

I have even tried MusicPlayer.Album and the same happens... Confused

Is it a bug?

Thanks...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
i can't test on windows, but <visible>SubString(MusicPlayer.Artist,d,Left)</visible> works fine on linux.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-02-02, 17:30)ronie Wrote: i can't test on windows, but <visible>SubString(MusicPlayer.Artist,d,Left)</visible> works fine on linux.

Thanks for your interest... I have just tried in another computer, with windows 7 too, and the same happens... any letter but d works faultlessly...Confused one of them runs kodi 14.0 and the other one 14.1...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Silly question time - do you have artists starting with 'd'?
(2015-02-02, 18:26)Hitcher Wrote: Silly question time - do you have artists starting with 'd'?

Big Grin How often have I been caught by something like that.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

(2015-02-02, 18:38)Mudislander Wrote:
(2015-02-02, 18:26)Hitcher Wrote: Silly question time - do you have artists starting with 'd'?

Big Grin How often have I been caught by something like that.

Nice try...Big Grin only have 33... did I say that the same happens with MusicPlayer.Album? In both computers too...

Is there anyone that has it working in windows 7 then?
Tested artist and album - both work.

Have you checked the image exists and/or is labelled correctly (upper/lower case)?
(2015-02-02, 19:47)Hitcher Wrote: Tested artist and album - both work.

Have you checked the image exists and/or is labelled correctly (upper/lower case)?

Thank you for your answer and interest... I imagine by now people must be thinking I am crazy or something like that... well if only to cleanse my name (or rather my nick Wink)

File: MusicVisualization.xml
Mod: Confluence
Line 198 modified, and line 199 added...

I can't explain it any better... the same happens with D (uppercase)... Thank you...
Does it display if you remove the visible condition?
(2015-02-02, 22:55)Hitcher Wrote: Does it display if you remove the visible condition?

Yes... it's Confluence... untouched for me until now to check the bug...

...I'm starting to think it's a lost cause... is there any other way to get a <visible> condition when the artist starts by letter d?

Thanks...
I don't know what to suggest because I just tested it in MusicVisualisation and it worked fine. Confused

Maybe something wrong with the labels in the database?
(2015-02-03, 10:50)Hitcher Wrote: I don't know what to suggest because I just tested it in MusicVisualisation and it worked fine. Confused

Maybe something wrong with the labels in the database?

No... database cleaned and updated... only thing I can think of is some kind of bug related to windows is Spanish, since the two computers I am trying in are in Spanish language and I suppose yours are not...

Thank you anyway...
If it's only the letter d then maybe using variables is the way to go.

PHP Code:
<variable name="ArtistImage">
    <
value condition="SubString(MusicPlayer.Artist,a,Left)">image_a.ext</value>
    <
value condition="SubString(MusicPlayer.Artist,z,Left)">image_z.ext</value>
    <
value condition="!IsEmpty(MusicPlayer.Artist)">image_d.ext</value>
</
variable
(2015-02-03, 12:20)Hitcher Wrote: If it's only the letter d then maybe using variables is the way to go.

PHP Code:
<variable name="ArtistImage">
    <
value condition="SubString(MusicPlayer.Artist,a,Left)">image_a.ext</value>
    <
value condition="SubString(MusicPlayer.Artist,z,Left)">image_z.ext</value>
    <
value condition="!IsEmpty(MusicPlayer.Artist)">image_d.ext</value>
</
variable

Thank you... I will try that way Nod
Of course that will only work if there are no special characters unless you add them as well.

ie

PHP Code:
<value condition="SubString(MusicPlayer.Artist,a,Left) | SubString(MusicPlayer.Artist,à,Left) | etc">image_a.ext</value

assuming they'll use the same image.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is Kodi biased against letter "d" in SubString?0