Win Is Kodi biased against letter "d" in SubString?
(2015-02-03, 12:46)Hitcher Wrote: Of course that will only work if there are no special characters unless you add them as well.

ie

PHP Code:
<value condition="SubString(MusicPlayer.Artist,a,Left) | SubString(MusicPlayer.Artist,à,Left) | etc">image_a.ext</value

assuming they'll use the same image.

Thanks, I will take it into account...

Anyway I have kept on trying things, you know, stubborn guy that I am... and I'm discovered a most strange behavior:

Let's say the artist is Daniel Powter...

<visible>SubString(MusicPlayer.Artist,d,Left)</visible> doesn't work

<visible>SubString(MusicPlayer.Artist,da,Left)</visible> DO WORK!

and the same for the rest of artists... if I put 2 letters instead of only d, it works... Confused
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Very strange.
Agreed. Weird Wink You've tried with a clean install with language set to English as well?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I also experienced some weird issues with SubString in the past. In my case it wasnt specific to the letter "d" though. BigNoid might remember those, too.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2015-02-03, 15:15)phil65 Wrote: I also experienced some weird issues with SubString in the past. In my case it wasnt specific to the letter "d" though. BigNoid might remember those, too.

Thank you phil65, you've made my day! Knowing I'm not the only one means a lot for me... you know, in this realm you are guilty until you can prove otherwise Laugh
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is Kodi biased against letter "d" in SubString?0