Help with new Raspberry PI 2.
Just received my new Raspberry Pi 2 and I am trying to set up Kodi on it. I have tried to burn the IMG file to the micro SD card but once I try putting the card in the PI and booting it up I just get the rainbow screen. Anyone any ideas please?
Are you sure you used the Pi2 download and not the Pi1 download?
(e.g. from here: http://openelec.tv/get-openelec)
Yes, that's the build I used. The disk image file.
(2015-02-03, 15:33)Olliepop Wrote: Yes, that's the build I used. The disk image file.

Can you confirm the filename of the disk image you downloaded?
OpenELEC-RPi.arm-5.0.1. I am using a 16gb scandisc micro sd and my old power plug from my 1st Raspberry Pi, if this helps?
I also tried with a 32gb mic road and just got a blank screen.
That's the wrong version, should be OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-5.0.1.img
Ok I think I had the wrong build!!! But you knew that anyway I think.. Sorry My brains not working righ today!!
No problem, excitement gets to us all Wink
(2015-02-03, 16:35)evangelion Wrote: No problem, excitement gets to us all Wink

It sure does.. All working well now.. Wow it's fast Big Grin
Isn't it just Big Grin
Be sure and post and let us know how it works. I'm interested in how it handles heavier skins as well as HD audio.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2015-02-03, 17:43)patseguin Wrote: Be sure and post and let us know how it works. I'm interested in how it handles heavier skins as well as HD audio.

Name a heavier skin and I'll take a look for you, IE: one that a RPi Model B 512MB overclocked would normally just sigh, rollover and wave it's hands in the air at.

Edit: And your experience with said skin so I have something to compare to.
I've just loaded my pi2 up with new openelec img. Just wondering what your default overclock is mines showing 600MHz ?
(2015-02-03, 18:47)invisable Wrote: I've just loaded my pi2 up with new openelec img. Just wondering what your default overclock is mines showing 600MHz ?

It's dynamic - it will jump to 900MHz when busy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with new Raspberry PI 2.0