MyMusic files view, where in code?
I don't like the way how playlist files & tracks from cue files are displayed in the files view in My Music.

1. When there are 2 cd's with cue's it list them 01, 01, 02, 02.
Playback doesn't work properly then.
2. When the track number isn't specified in the id3 it displays all A-Z.

I'd like to take a look at the code and see if I can fix it.
Could someone point me out in which files the code is?
GUIWindowMusicSongs.cpp is the Music Files view, but you really want to look at FileItem.cpp and CueDocument.cpp... but:

1) Try tagging the accompanying media files with TPOS (part of set) tags to mark the disc number. This definately works for non-cue sheet media files.

** edit ** I took a look and this doesnt happen for cuesheet items. It could be added to CFileItem::FilterCueItems(). The track number part of the music tag class is actually divided into two 16-bit pieces -- one for the disc, one for the track. look at musicInfoTag.cpp.

2) If there's no track number, the track number (%N) part of the music naming template should be skipped over. Are you saying that you see junk?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
for 2:
I have music files like this with NO ID3 TAG!
01. Artist Z - Track Z.mp3
02. Artist A - Track A.mp3
03. Artist C - Track C.mp3

since it doesn't have an id3 tag with the tracks number they are ordered A-Z or Z-A (depending on option set in gui)

guess thats by design, but a normal directory view (at least that sort) seems more logical for me for a files view.
That's by design. You have two options:
1) Tag all your files
2) Change the template for files view to just %F so that it always ONLY uses the filename. There are templates for files view, library view, and the now playing window.

Code:
<mymusic>
  <trackformat>
  <trackformatright>
  <librarytrackformat>
  <librarytrackformatright>
  <nowplayingtrackformat>
  <nowplayingtrackformatright>
</mmusic>
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyMusic files view, where in code?0